Pipeline Project Engineer / Principle Pipeline Project Engineer
These are Direct Hire, Full Time Employment Positions w/ a Liquid Pipeline Company.
These ARE NOT Contract Positions / Contract Jobs.
IF YOU APPLY DIRECTLY TO OUR CLIENT
we will be unable to assist you with
INTERVIEW PREPARATION and the HIRING PROCESS
APPLY NOW FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION
LOCATION: Tulsa, OK
SALARY: Competitive + Annual Bonus
PRINCIPAL PIPELINE ENGINEERING JOB DESCRIPTION
The Principal Engineer is primarily responsible for the leading the creation of pipeline plans and pipeline designs and providing oversight and support for the execution of new pipeline construction and pipeline maintenance projects. The Principal Engineer also provides leadership, knowledge, and expertise for mechanical and civil engineering support activities for the Company.
- Manages and coordinates the management of pipeline construction and pipeline maintenance projects from initiation through closure including, but not limited to completion of pipeline field surveys, the preparation of estimates, the development of pipeline project plans and bid packets, the purchase of pipeline materials, the selection and management of external pipeline contractors, coordination of pipeline construction and pipeline inspection activities, reporting pipeline project status updates, monitoring budgets and timelines, managing change controls, start-up and completion of post project reviews.
- Participates in complex, cross-functional work teams and initiatives providing engineering support to internal and external groups, coordinating the schedules and work assignments of project staff and vendors, resolving engineering design and test problems and evaluating and approving changes and specifications.
- Creates concepts for business development and project estimates; prepares engineering studies and cost estimates for labor, materials and time to complete for new construction projects, reviews estimates created by others and provides value added suggestions.
- Consults with groups internal and external to the company to gather information, discuss intent and impact of programs or projects, set priorities and allocate resources, identify and resolve issues, and establish user or customer requirements, project costs and resources.
- Acts as technical consultant to the organization by providing engineering support and expertise in the form of research, technical calculations and training on the operation, testing and maintenance of equipment, the resolutions of equipment related problems and the interpretation of regulations to other engineers, field operations and pipeline personnel.
- Compiles information to estimate the capital and maintenance project expenses for the production of the budgets. Compares variances in actual expenses from budgeted expenses and initiates corrective action to resolve undesirable variances in expenses. Identifies, develops and recommends the revision of internal standards, policies, procedures and new programs to improve efficiency and provide engineering staff with clear and concise written guidelines.
- Creates or supervises the creation of engineering designs and drawings for use in the construction of new pipeline facilities or the maintenance or upgrading of existing facilities.
- Recommends pipeline system operating limits for pipelines, pump stations, meter stations, tank farms and other facilities.
- Reviews and approves invoices, work orders, time sheets and expense reports and resolves service or billing problems related to the project.
- Ensures each engineering project is completed accurately and in accordance with safety and organizational policies a cost-effective and timely manner, monitors the performance of contract engineer and suggests remedial actions to avoid design deficiencies and installation delays.
- Prepares progress reports to present to management team through the duration of projects, reports and concerns, recommends and gets approval for necessary changes.
- Reviews and updates construction and equipment specifications. Maintains records reflecting construction and operation statistics on pumping equipment.
- Complies with DOT and OSHA health, safety and environmental requirements and follows safety philosophy and procedures developed by the Company including; applicable environmental, health and safety rules, procedures, and accepted safe work practices, the use of appropriate personal protective equipment and safety systems, and the reporting of workplace hazards and injury or illness arising from workplace activities; observes the workplace to identify conditions or behaviors than should be corrected and takes appropriate actions.
- A Bachelors' degree in mechanical or civil engineering.
- 10 years minimum of progressive pipeline project engineering experience, a broad knowledge of pipeline and facilities design, construction, testing, operation and maintenance
- A proven history of project management on pipeline projects is required.
- An understanding of controlling local, state, and federal regulations.
- An advanced degree in engineering, engineering management or MBA and Professional Engineer license (PE) is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Engage in safe behaviors and to understand and follow the principles and methods related to pipeline and workplace safety as establishes by the Company.
- Emergency and safety procedures, policies, documentation procedures, equipment operating parameters, and all applicable DOT, FERC, EPA, DHS and OSHA requirements.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Project and Virtual Pipeline System for Hydraulic modeling software to manage, record and evaluate company information.
- Analytical skills in the design and construction of new pipeline facilities or pipeline maintenance project specifications and the resolution of problems relating to the management of those pipeline projects.
- Proper hydraulic design principals and ability to apply this knowledge to solve pipeline design challenges.
- Surge analysis and surge mitigation techniques and the ability to design surge studies and incorporate the results in pipeline system designs.
- Understand and correctly interpret various reports containing geotechnical, water quality, soil contaminations and metallurgical information.
- Principles and methods related to pipeline safety, and current and applicable regulations.
- Project management tools and techniques and the ability to develop project plans and manage projects.
- Risk management principles and techniques to prioritize potential risks, develop strategies to mitigate risks, and identify alternative solutions, recovery plans and contingencies.
- Principles and methods for planning, monitoring, tracking and managing the people, time, budget and quality of work on projects(s).
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Engineering principles and applications to design, create and/or modify processes, operations, equipment, structures, etc.
- Ability to convey complex economic, technical and operational information in a clear, concise and organized manner.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Effective teamwork and collaboration tool and practices.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate the work of others.
- Ability to establish rapport, relationships, and networks and work with a diverse group of people to reach common understandings or accomplish common goals.
- Ability to effectively work and cooperate with supervisors, co-works and vendors.
- Ability to follow corporate policies and directions of supervisors.
OUR CLIENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
- We will contact you prior to sending you for consideration by our client.
- Your search will be kept strictly confidential.
- Never a charge to candidates.
APPLY NOW FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION.