Updated: Aug 17 2012
||Chemical Engineering, Process Engineer
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
- Petrochemical Senior Process Engineer: Engineer with 8+ years overall experience on Petrochemical or refinery engineering projects including work on ISBL.
- Completes a wide variety of difficult engineering assignments, applying more advanced engineering techniques and analysis within one discipline. The process engineer at this level is a fully qualified professional, proficient in the utilization of most engineering theories and practices.
- Extracts process engineering information from CAD drawings. Prepares process flow diagrams, material and heat balances, and lists of major equipment. Designs P&IDs, prepares and issues instrument, equipment, heat exchange and rotating equipment data sheets. Prepares and issues line summaries. Establish utility requirements, prepares utility summaries and designs utility P&IDs. Conducts process and equipment optimization and process evaluation studies.
- Conducts emission and pollution control studies. Conducts safety and hazard assessments for process systems. Checks calculations performed by other engineers and according to the project instructions. Selects computer software, enters required data and prepares complex computer calculations. Verifies computer simulation results.
- Retain and keeps files for future reference. Reviews supplier drawing submittals and performs technical bid analyses. Prepares and issues specifications, data sheets, and other construction documents. Prepares detailed requisitions for equipment and material.
- Provides assistance to other engineering disciplines as required in the preparation of equipment and instrumentation specifications, plot plans, and general arrangement drawings. Assists in the preparation of operating and training manuals.
- Directs the activities, provides input and technical guidance to CAD designers and drafters and to lower level process engineers. Seals and signs documents as the professional engineer, as appropriate, ensuring compliance with all applicable codes, regulations, and ordinances.
- Participates in customer and internal review meetings.
- Position requires good general knowledge of refining and petrochemical processes and understanding of plant operations.
- BS or MS in related field or applicable discipline, typically an engineering degree; or equivalent experience if allowed by law. Thorough knowledge of applicable theories, practices, and accepted procedures. Generally 8+ years of experience in field with BS, or 6-8 years of experience in field with MS; relevant professional registration is preferred.
- Recognized as having a specialized depth or breadth of expertise within the department. Interprets internal and external business challenges with impact on the organization and recommends best practice solutions. Contributes to implementation plan development and program coordination. Proficient with engineering software applications. Computer proficiency required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Accuracy and attention to detail important. Ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities somewhat important. Ability to contribute to preparation and delivery of presentations to customers is preferred; Awareness of project estimates and budgets. Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are essential to effectively teach what they know to other employees. Ability to transfer subject matter expertise and understanding to other employees and/or internal customers is required regarding why work is performed the way it is and how it impacts the broader organization.
- Commitment to customer service and ability to lead functional project teams is important. Ability to maintain confidential information is critical.
- Generally characterized as a ''Senior Contributor'' with ability to lead functional project teams within a business unit or department. Very rarely requires supervision and direction beyond providing desired outcomes.
- Typically will regularly interface with departmental staff and middle and upper management, and frequently with outside customers.
- General attributes required of all WorleyParsons employees include: Zero Harm, Action Orientation, Building Effective Business Relationships, Commitment, Customer Focus, Dealing with Change, Drive for Results, Integrity and Trust, and Basic Leadership Skills.
- Willingness to travel or to accept field assignments preferred.
- Willingness to engage in professional associations preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in teams.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available