Maness & Associates
Updated: Jun 4 2012
||Environmental Safety & Training, Safety Officer, Safety Training Rep
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Based on experience, PLUS
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
HSE ENVIRONMENTAL SPECIALIST - Houston
This position provides technical assistance for the implementation of programs, policies, procedures and processes in support of the Company's environmental strategies, including but not limited to: waste, water and air pollution control, environmental management systems. Compliance with regulation, legislation, and company Standards and Procedures will be a significant focus for this position.
Some activities that will be required are:
- Permitting assistance, hazardous materials compliance.
- Providing training, auditing, and expert technical advice to the business.
- Developing training and associated materials as needed to ensure compliance.
- Reading and interpretation of data, standards, codes and regulations and providing processes to comply with them.
- Maintaining professional knowledge of a wide variety of environmental regulations and issues, as well as proposed changes.
- Developing new programs and making improvements to management systems as required in response to changes necessitated by business markets and clients.
- Facilitation and leadership of focused teams is likely, as is interface at all organizational levels and with clients and regulatory agencies
- Willingness to understand and expand skills with respect to Safety and Occupational Health
This position will meet the following:
- 4 to 8 years of experience working with HSE and environmental programs and/or permitting are required,
- Bachelor's degree (preferred) in HSE field (preferred).
- Ability to effectively monitor and ensure compliance to 100% of HSE programs and policies
- Proficient communication skills
- Proficient presentation skills
- Ability to document
- Becoming proficient in HSE databases
- Ability to read and interpret policies and programs
- Ability to coordinate meetings and training
- Ability to coordinate others in Environmental matters
- Computer literate
- Functional knowledge of IMPACT, FormR, Tier II, STEERS, and other relevant web based software
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Proficient use of MS Office suite, especially MS Project.
- Be physically capable of visiting and auditing field locations in North America, including sites where H2S has the potential to be present.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available