Updated: Jun 28 2012
||Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineering
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Our major Oil & Gas Client is in need of a Mechanical Static Design Engineer-Reactor Internal in Houston, Texas.
Mechanical Static Design Engineer
This role supports a variety of mechanical systems including reactor internal design, project support, and support to mechanical designs associated with a variety of process equipment.
- Hands-on mechanical design to various levels of detail, from conceptual feasibility studies to detailed design, based on the process designs and conditions delivered by others.
- Preparation of the drawings and requisitions, which contain the applicable specifications for the mechanical design items in hand.
- Follow-up activities, such as quotation reviews, review of contractor/manufacturers documents, trouble-shooting during manufacturing stage, attendance of Mock-up tests, assistance during installation/shutdowns, etc.
- Preparation and maintenance of departmental design manuals for specific areas.
- Advice on general pressure vessel and internals issues, towards Operating Companies as well as internal Shell customers, including the project departments.
- Acting as mechanical project support engineer, including Technical Quality and Assurance activities.
- At least 3-5 years "hands on" experience in design, AutoCAD skills, design code skills and actual project execution as in "doing the work yourself". Someone who has capabilities in designing mechanical constructions (similar to a Draftsmen) preferably within Petrochemical experience (pressure vessels and or Static design of Static equipment) and interested in designing, involved in manufacturing, inspection and installation.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available