Industrial Safety Solutions
Updated: Jun 26 2012
||Construction Manager, Environmental Safety & Training, Safety Officer, Construction Experience, Supervisor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
INDUSTRIAL SAFETY SOLUTIONS is currently seeking candidates with experience in the OFFSHORE CONSTRUCTION environment.
Ideal candidate should have Safety Coordinator experience or a minimum of 3 years of specific OFFSHORE CONSTRUCTION field work experience. The work is primarily in the Gulf of Mexico. Effective communication skill at all levels, both written and verbal, is a must. A need to be comfortable with using MS Office and general computer knowledge will be beneficial. If you are interested in this opportunity, contact us now.
ISS employs fulltime with benefit options that include- Healthcare, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401K w/employer match. If you are interested in a rewarding opportunity, contact us now.
Some of the job duties include, but not limited to the following:
- On a daily basis, conduct and document information on the Daily Safety Report (DSR)
- Verify that applicable work permits exist, are accurately completed and signed for all required work activities.
- Conduct pre-job hazard analysis and walk-throughs and document safety conditions of the job site.
- Verify that JSA's are accurately completed in order to identify and mitigate hazards; provide feedback to crewmembers and suggestions to improve JSA's when needed.
- Actively participate in the behavioral based safety observation process by leading in the number of observations performed and quality of feedback provided.
- Continuously document appropriate and useful comments regarding observed behaviors on observation cards.
- Ensure that the quality and quantity of information on reports and observation cards are adequate to identify trends and solve safety issues.
- Using the Operational Risk Management principles and strong deductive reasoning skills, determine the level of risk for each worksite.
- Provide oversight of work activities prioritizing time spent at each worksite based on level of risk.
- Utilize stop work authority to prevent or remedy imminent safety hazards
- Know relevant MMS, Coast Guard, DOT, EPA and OSHA standards.
- Access resources in a timely manner and provide information to client to ensure HSE compliance.
- Use all relevant checklists to observe location for compliance with government standards.
- Champion safety issues and coach crew members on the prevention and proper handling of safety issues as they arise.
- Act as the liaison between company representative and crew to resolve safety issues.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available