Updated: Jun 22 2012
||HSE Manager / Advisor
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Pacific Drilling S.A. is a growing offshore drilling company that provides global ultra-deepwater drilling services to the oil and natural gas industry through the use of high-specification drillships. Our corporate offices are located in Houston, Texas with operations offices in Brazil, Nigeria, Singapore and South Korea.
Pacific Drilling has an immediate HSE Manager, US Operations opportunity available in Houston, TX.
The US Operations Q&HSE (Quality & Health, Safety and Environment) Manager supports country line management in the development, implementation and monitoring of the Pacific Drilling Quality & Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Management Systems and supporting processes for US Operations.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Degree level education (preferably in Quality /Health and Safety Management/Administration) and at least 5 years experience in Health, Safety and Environment Management roles in the Offshore Drilling industry
A NEBOSH International Certificate (or equivalent) and at least 5 years experience in Health, Safety and Environment Management roles in the Offshore Drilling industry.
At least 10 years experience in Q&HSE Management roles (preferably with at least 5 years in the Offshore Drilling industry)
In addition to the above, any oil and gas drilling operations management experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the ISO management principles, ISO 9001 and 14001 and the OHSAS 18001 suite of international standards.
- Thorough understanding for the requirements of national regulations including USCG, BSEE, OSHA, EPA, etc.
- Certification as a lead inspector/auditor with demonstrable experience in management of audit programs.
- Certification as a lead investigator.
- Working knowledge of behavioral safety management principles.
- Comprehensive knowledge of principles of loss control and risk management.
- Adept in the use of computers including Microsoft Office 2007 or equivalent - in particular with Excel, Word and PowerPoint applications - working knowledge of databases, as well as the internet and e-mail.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Comply with Pacific Drilling Code of Conduct and supporting policies, standards and applicable process documentation.
- Perform all work according to agreed expectations of both internal and external customers, focus on doing things right first time, every time and contribute actively to continual improvement activities.
- Ensure that Q&HSE remain high on the priorities of line management including communication of the policies and applicable standards, procedures and work instructions.
- Support Pacific Drilling Division/Country Management in the implementation and monitoring of the Pacific Drilling HSE Management System and the implementation of Division/Country specific Q&HSE standards, and procedures.
- Liaison with the Q&HSE representatives of clients, contractors and vendors to ensure alignment and compliance with agreed expectations.
- Establish the US Operations specific competence expectations for Health, Safety and Environment and liaise with HR Training to manage the design and delivery of HSE learning programs.
- Facilitate the development of US Operations Q&HSE plans and monitor progress
- Coordinate the implementation of US Operations focused continual quality improvement programs applied to Health, Safety and Environment processes and issues.
- Implement and manage the US Operations Emergency Response Programs including the planning and coordination of drills as required.
- Periodic reporting of US Operations performance against HSE indicators and metrics to Division/Country management and other relevant parties (including authorities as required) according to established protocols.
- Facilitate the thorough and timely identification, assessment and control of Q&HSE related risks and communicate to all affected parties.
- Management of comprehensive investigation programs and management investigation reviews.
- Collaborate with Operations and Technical Departments to ensure that vessels are fit-for-purpose in operations in terms of HSE capabilities and compliance with international, regulatory, client and company standards.
- Liaise with Quality department on the generation and maintenance of all US Operations Q&HSE controlled documentation according to company defined standards.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available