Tervita is a leading North American environmental and energy services company. Our 4,100 dedicated employees partner with natural resource and industrial companies who share our values and work with them to create a sustainable future. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions, guides our decisions and shapes our culture. We maintain a strategically located network of more than 95 state-of-the-art waste management facilities and a fleet of specialized equipment and assets to help customers address production and operational waste challenges. Our highly effective, convenient and environmentally sound solutions help minimize environmental impact and maximize returns.
A privately-held company, we've been known for the past 25 years by the brands of our founding companies: CCS, Hazco, Beck, Concord and others. By joining together our individual expertise, experience, assets and services, we will be uniquely positioned to develop integrated project management solutions and provide customers easier access to our broad range of comprehensive services.
This position is responsible for increasing efficiency through effective management of equipment and people; customer contact; integrating Compliance into our daily operations; support the HSE culture; data collection.
The core areas of accountability include but are not limited to:
- Effectively schedule trucks to optimize overall efficiency
- Monitor Route Time intervals for gaps
- Monitor employee hours to minimize overtime
- Balance distribution of hours between drivers
- All data entry done daily to support accounting workflow and Corporate timelines
- Professional telephone skills
- Obtain complete and clear requirements from the customer
- Clarify requirements when timelines conflict with our abilities to ensure we delivery the expected results
- Communicate discrepancies, concerns immediately to the proper Tervita contact to ensure an accurate and timely resolution
- Issue clear and complete instructions to the Drivers, including all details they need to exceed customer expectations
- Complete a job sheet for each job and maintain a copy in dispatch
D.O.T. Regulatory Segment
- Monitor Driver Times to ensure 100% compliance
- Ensure Driver D.O.T. logs are up to date prior to dispatching a driver
- Monitor Fleetmatics for HSE excursions
- Include Journey Management into scheduling (ie: dispatches late in shift)
- Participate in the MORE BBS program
- Inform every driver going on a H2S location that they will need to be clean shaved
- Notify Maintenance Supervisor of "out of service" equipment at shift change
- 5 + years experience working in oil field drilling and mechanical operations
- Capable of lifting 50 + pounds
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives without supervision
- High School diploma
- Ability to handle and solve reoccurring problems
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
Tervita Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Applicants who are extended an employment offer will be required to complete a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check as applicable by position. All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of these pre-employment processes.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available