Updated: Jun 5 2012
||QA / QC / Inspection
||Lafayette, LA, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Halliburton's new facility in Lafayette, Louisiana will manufacture complex machined components for oilfield service operations with state-of-the art manufacturing equipment, including numeric-controlled turning and milling equipment and additional value-added services, such as heat treatment, coating and other specialty operations. The facility will also have assembling operations and product testing operations performed before shipping components to oil and gas producers around the world.
Performs inspection of various operations activities. Generates reports of conditions found during inspection activities, notifies operations and Quality Assurance/Quality Control management of significant problems, and completes documentation necessary to attest to satisfactory completion of inspection or test activities. May be responsible for conducting the magnetic particle and penetrant testing of parts and initiating and processing non-conformance reports.
Successful candidate will have the following competencies:
- Knowledgeable in inspection and measuring equipment including all inspection gauges..mics, depth gauge, calipers, dial bores, etc.
- Must be capable of conducting first piece, in-process, and final inspections utilizing specified gauges, micrometers, etc
- Lead initiatives to improve product quality.
- Able to troubleshoot and/or aid other groups in manufacturing problem solving as related to inspection.
- Completes appropriate quality documentation accordingly for each part’s processes and customer requirements.
- Collects data and records information for use in controlling and improving processes.
- Analyzes customer drawings and specifications using Company standards.
- Ability to read blueprints and proficient in the use of all measuring and test equipment.
- Mathematical Development: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide all units of measure; calculate formulas; some trig.
- The best candidate will have prior experience in a job shop environment with some machinist experience.
- This person may be a machinist or any shop work that demands checking parts to verify that the fabricated parts match the drawing
The 3-2-2 rotating shift schedule uses 2 teams (crews) and 2 twelve-hour shifts to provide 24/7 coverage. It consists of a 2-week cycle where each team works 2 days on, 2 days off, 3 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off. Personnel work 36 hours one week and 48 hours the following week, and receive 8 hours of overtime pay per pay period. Each team has a 3 day weekend every other weekend.
Halliburton is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available