Updated: May 30 2012
||Inventory Control, Materials Management , Warehouse Person, tools inventory
||Perth, Western Australia, Australia
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
We are looking for candidates with experience in tool keeping as well as inventory of various type of tools, machine / equipment parts and personal protective equipment (PPE).
Working knowledge of MS Office ( Word, Excel and Outlook) and use of the Internet is a must.
Previous experience in any inventory management system is desired.
Candidates with experience from any of the following industries will have an advantage:
- Power Generation
- At least High school graduate
- Minimum of six months of experience with tools used in maintenance, one year of vocational school training, or the equivalent job experience.
*** This is open ONLY to Australian Citizens or Permanent residents or work visa holders of Australia. Due to urgency of requirements, this position must be filled in the next 30-45 calendar days.
- Responsible for the inventory and restocking of turbine tool kits to support outage requirements.
- Take direction from tool center manager and supervisor.
- Keep and maintain accurate inventory records.
- Follow work instructions and adhere to site safety requirements.
- Maintain the appearance of all tools and containers; ensure they are clean and meet all safety requirements.
- Perform visual inspection of tools, report and quarantine any non-compliant items.
- Perform shipping and receiving duties when assigned.
- Coordinate activities and complete projects to maximize safety, quality and productivity.
- Ensure a high level of customer service.
- Be able to lift 50lbs on a regular basis.
- Turbine maintenance or tooling experience
- Learns, understands, and is able to implement all policies, practices and procedures.
- High energy, excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of electric, pneumatic, and hydraulic tools and equipment.
- Demonstrated ability in meeting schedule commitments.
- Process oriented mindset.
- Forklift driver experience.
- Computer literate and competency with Microsoft environment.
Granite Services International, Inc. is a 100% wholly owned affiliate of General Electric Co. USA (GE), and is a global leader in variable work force solutions, providing engineering services to the Power Generation and Oil&Gas industries. With offices in 40 countries, Granite is structured to mobilize specialized field engineers and technical manpower to hundreds of project sites around the world each year, as it maintains a global network of over 5,000 resources available for short and long-term assignments. With approximately 20 years industry experience, Granite's workforce solutions set the industry standard, having successfully completed thousands of projects in over 100 countries, working closely with clients such as GE, Siemens, Westinghouse, ABB, Doosan, Bechtel and other industry leaders. You can check open positions, set up or update your profile and post a resume at https://powersource.gsinc.com/recruiting or learn more about the company at www.gsinc.com and www.ge.com
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available