Updated: Sep 14 2012
||Directional Driller, MWD/LWD
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Directional Driller (DD) Fast Track Training initiative. Expansion trainee positions have been created for those looking to launch their career in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Supervise directional drilling operations on the rig site.
- Supervises the drilling process so that the desired directional well path and target objectives are achieved.
- Control well bore paths, figuring survey computations, bit hydraulics, rate of penetration, and bottom-hole assemblies.
- Maintain a complete listing of all directional tools and survey equipment on location, and days on location.
- Responsible for rig reporting procedures
- Maintain thorough knowledge of Drilling Systems products and services
- Generate concise reports on a daily/weekly basis
Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
- A safe and healthy workplace for all employees;
- Enforcing all safety precautions and practices;
- Promoting safe work practices;
- Attend mandatory weekly & monthly safety meetings and maintain Company property and equipment in safe operating conditions at all times.
Skills & Knowledge
- GED or High School Diploma
- Experience at supervisory level role in related service environment and experience in related service sector position in or directly associated with field operations.
- Ability to work under demanding conditions.
- Must have a mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to generate concise reports.
- Excellent communication, organization, troubleshooting, and team work skills.
- Positive attitude and a high degree of self discipline and motivation.
- Must be able to work long periods of time away from home.
Preferred Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Earth Sciences or equivalent experience
- Previous MWD/LWD experience, preferably on Triple Combo level or above, able to work in teams effectively, excellent written and spoken communication skills and excellent computer skills required
- Previous field or co-coordinating experience is an asset with LWD/MWD Drilling experience in an oilfield operations environment
- Well developed communication skills across product lines and at management level.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available