Updated: May 25 2012
||Drilling Engineering, Well Control, Workover or Completion
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
SGF Global is looking for a WELL CONTROL SPECIALIST to work for one of our Oil & Gas clients in HOUSTON TX.
- Develop and maintain a Well Control Standard for use throughout WWD&C's operations.
- Evaluate well plans and data to detect potential problems and recommend corrective actions to ensure well control is maintained.
- Provide technical consultation during drilling, completion, workover and intervention operations to prevent loss of, or to regain, well control.
- Provide guidance and aid in the development of Well Specific Containment Plans for all wells in OCS waters.
- Provide guidance to third party experts on evaluating well control simulations and aid in risk management for specific wells or scenarios.
- Provide guidance on Managed Pressure Drilling applications and aid in the development of procedures related thereto.
- Provide technical consultation on relief well planning and interface with third party experts to develop both generic and well specific relief well/blowout contingency plans.
- In concert with independent third party experts, review and recommend BOP and well control equipment acceptance testing procedures.
- Develop well control training requirements world-wide.
- Assist in developing specialized well control training for rig-site Supervisors, as well as for Drilling and Completion Engineers.
- Share experience with other internal organizations and participate in peer reviews to maximise knowledge transfer.
- Stay apprised of industry trends and new technology associated with well control (e.g. subsea, deepwater, managed pressure drilling and HPHT operations).
- Participate and support any Joint Industry Task Force and API subcommittees dealing with all facets of Well Control.
Degree: Bachelors Degree required advanced degree is preferred.
Major Discipline: Petroleum or Mechanical Engineering preferred
Years Experience: Ten years of drilling and / or completion work with demonstrated experience in well control is required.
Computer Proficiencies: Microsoft Office, Well control simulation software
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available