The Project Manager (PM) will provide overall project management of the inspection and repair programs necessary to maintain the long-term integrity of the West Africa and GoM Topside and Marine Structural facilities. These programs currently include:
- Topside Integrity - a program of inspection and analysis of static, topside piping and equipment on the FPSO and TLP's and fixed platforms.
- Fabric Maintenance - a program of hydroblast and painting of the topside piping and equipment on the FPSO and TLP's and fixed platforms. This is a resultant of the topside integrity program.
- Piping Spool Replacement - a program of spool piping survey, design, fabrication and installation to replace defective piping. This will entail a formal plant turnaround in 2013.
- Marine Structural Integrity - a program of inspection and analysis of marine and topside structural components.
- The PM will provide assurance to Facilities Engineering and the Asset Operations Managers that the projects are being executed in a safe, environmentally sensitive, technically sound, and efficient manner and in alignment with business objectives and strategies.
The PM will work closely with contractors and will provide a critical interface role with the onshore and offshore production operations teams and the relevant support functions, e.g. EHS, supply chain, finance, etc.
The PM will be based primarily in Houston but will require considerable periods of time in West Africa as well as travel offshore in the US Gulf Coast and other locations as dictated by the needs of the projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
1)Provide overall assurance to Facilities Engineering, Asset Operations Managers and senior management that the projects are being executed to the appropriate company and industry standards and within budget and schedule to enable the business objectives to be achieved.
2)Provide overall direction to contractors and the project teams in terms of strategy, engineering, planning, and execution.
3)Prepare and secure approval of project budgets, schedules and AFEs.
4)Manage project outcomes to within the approved project budgets, schedules and AFE's.
5)Develop and implement appropriate metrics and reporting mechanisms for the key elements of the project, e.g. EHS, progress, commercial spend, etc.
6)Approve expenditures up to delegated authority level.
7)Monitor and report cost, schedule and EHS performance on a regular basis.
8)Ensure that the projects are executed in accordance with applicable EHS standards and the project EHS Plan.
9)Establish and continually reinforce that safety is the No. 1 priority on the projects.
10)Review and approve risk assessments and ensure that all actions are implemented.
11)Define and implement periodic audits to ensure compliance with all EHS provisions.
12)Ensure that the project is executed in accordance with the established quality standards and the requirements of Class, as applicable.
13)Liaise regularly with the Facilities Manager/Operations Superintendent and offshore personnel to ensure that impacts of the projects on production operations are minimized.
14)Liaise regularly with the Supply Chain group to ensure that all procurement, contracting, and related activities are consistent with the project strategies for these activities.
15)Develop the Scope of Work and Bid List for all major tenders.
16)Evaluate results and approve the award recommendations for all major tenders.
17)Ensure a suitable and sufficient competency verification scheme is in place for onshore and offshore personnel.
18)Capture, document, and implement ''Lessons Learned'' to ensure continuous improvement in project execution.
19)Ensure that effective document management and appropriate record keeping are maintained throughout the projects.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years of offshore facility Project Management experience.
- 3+ years of leading or supervising a Project Management Team.
- 3+ years international experience an added benefit, preferably in West Africa.
- Marine facility experience (e.g. FPSOs, TLPs) a plus.
- Commercial and business awareness.
- A strong leader and team player.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
SCHEDULE / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Work schedule is flexible.
- Good health is required, with the ability to pass a medical examination for confined space entry and the ability to accept immunizations and medications recommended by the US Centers for Disease Control to live and work in West Africa.