Employee must perform these essential functions throughout daily rig operations, and must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for engine maintenance and monitors lubricants in order to ensure proper working condition
- Assembles and disassembles drill pipe using tongs and pipe spinners during drilling operations (i.e. tripping pipe, making/breaking connections, etc.).
- Operates air hoist / Hydraulic winch to lift and move heavy supplies, equipment, and pipe.
- Forklift operation to move drill pipe and assist with rig assembly
- Perform various duties to assist in rig movement (help with rig-up / rig-down): Nipples BOP's -- up and down, assists with general rig assembly and maintenance, helps with preparing new location.
- Performs specialized troubleshooting and maintenance of draw works, rotary transmission, rotary table, engines, generators, and other general rig maintenance functions.
- Helps maintain housekeeping: chipping and painting on rig floor, loads and off-loads pipe, assists in rig movement (help with rig-up / rig-down), cleans mast and substructure.
Must be capable of quickly evacuating the facility to avoid injury during emergencies, assists in rescue operations for injuries or overcome personnel.
Education and Work Experience:
- Must have a High School diploma or GED, as well as a working knowledge of the English language.
- 1-2 Years of related oilfield experience required
- CPR / First Aide Training preferred
- Minimum one year recent, verifiable rig experience strongly preferred. Positions require 12 hour shifts, 7 days on, 7 days off. Rigs are located in NW Oklahoma and SW Kansas. Bunkhouse provided for employees living outside of the area.
- Aptitude and Attitude Requirements:
Highly motivated individual with a willingness to learn, good reasoning ability, and have the capability to think and act quickly in a very high stress environment. Must possess an awareness of the inherent job safety hazards, and maintain a high standard of safety. Willing and able to comply with all laws, regulations, and company policies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sitting, standing, walking, lifting materials (maximum 100 pounds), carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing stairs, climbing using legs and arms, balancing, stooping, kneeling, repeated bends, crawling, reaching high and low, and repetitive twisting or pressure, involving wrist and hands. Hearing, seeing (including depth perception and peripheral vision), ability of rapid mental coordination simultaneously. Must be able to tolerate continuous vibrations and elevated noise levels as well as tolerate wearing personal protective equipment, including, but not limited to, a hard hat, steel toed safety shoes, hearing protection, respirators, safety glasses, goggles and full body harness. Mentally alert for entire regular shift.
The work environmental is located both outside and inside where extreme weather conditions including: rain, wind, sleet/snow, dust, prolonged exposure to the sunlight occurs. The position also involves working around large machinery with moving mechanical parts.
All positions are subject to successfully passing an employment background screen and a pre-employment drug test.