Updated: May 24 2012
||Contracts Administration, Supply Chain Management, Negotiating, SAP, CPM
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Job Title: Supply Chain Specialist
Duration: Long Term
Our major oil & gas client is currently looking for a Supply Chain Specialist to work on a long term contract position based in Houston.
Responsibilities include supporting the GSC Unconventional Resources Team through effective use of Category Management across the Unconventional Business Unit (UBU). The successful candidate will have strong sourcing and contracting skills and will be expected to work in a team atmosphere supporting a variety of Geographic Account areas while working with limited supervision and will need to plan for and manage his/her daily activities and complex projects/issues. Successful candidate will be expected to apply analytical, technical, and industry knowledge, standards and practices to routine assignments and complex projects. The Specialist will work closely and develop strong business relationships with Business partners to define the best business solutions, which address priority business needs or issues. Conduct necessary analysis, devise and present appropriate approaches and solutions, and ensure the timely delivery of high quality services. A strong contracting background, negotiation skills, interpersonal skills and attention to detail are essential for success in this role. The Specialist will support specific projects/initiatives aimed at improving the efficiency of GSC and actively cultivate strong relationships with contractors and suppliers via facilitation of Contractor Performance Management (CPM).
- Implement CPM across assigned categories
- Provide sourcing and contracting support for Unconventional Production activities
- Negotiate legal and commercial terms to achieve optimal business results
- Evaluate proposals with business partner to identify the best solution instead of the ideal technical solution or lowest price, and draft proposals to GSC and Business Partner management
- Identify key contract risks and the associated mitigation strategies.
- Ensure compliance with legislative regulations and corporate policies and procedures (SarbanesOxley, FCPA, etc.).
- Work with business partners to understand business needs/ requirements and define GSC services needed to address these needs/requirements
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with business partners, keeping them fully informed of changes to specification/terms of service with a particular supplier/contractor
- Develop working relationships that motivate suppliers/contractors to deliver required level of service and to facilitate the speedy and effective resolution of issues, as needed
- Apply industry knowledge and use available tools to offer alternative approaches/solutions where other 'fit for purpose' options do not exist
- Plan and schedule work activities, within prescribed parameters
- Complete Lean training and promote innovation and continual process improvement throughout GSC
- Robust understanding of financial indicators and ability to perform sound economic analysis (e.g., ROI, cash flow analysis, lease vs. buy, micro economics)
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Accounting or Engineering required. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
- 1015 years professional level work experience in Supply Chain supporting Exploration and Production activities.
- Ability to negotiate and execute various contract types including: Long Term ''CallOff'' Service Agreements, Consulting, Equipment and Materials, etc.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytic skills
- Able to work within a Team Pool environment with critical drivers and timelines
- Ability to perform under pressure and to adjust to changing priorities.
- Strong computer skills including SAP, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.
- Demonstrates strong organization/time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to work alone or on a team
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of contract legal terms and conditions and various compensation models
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
- Ability to expand role and take on more responsibility over time for professional development
- Ability to build rapport with GSC Management
- Knowledge of oil and gas production operations
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Knowledge and application of contracting methodologies, risk analysis and principles of contract law
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available