Swift Worldwide Resources
Updated: May 24 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||US$0.00 per year
||Ferndale, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
The foremost in the Cordage Industry, this world-wide known company continues to push the leading edge in rope technology. The company's unwavering commitment to research, development, and a unique package of field engineering and after-sale support services has resulted in stronger and more durable products for a diverse range of commercial and recreational users.
Job Role: The Application Engineer will serve as the primary technical product resource for Company products, interacting with customers, sales, and Research & Development regarding technical issues or potential new applications for Company products. Practice a high level of business ethics and quality in all activities in accordance with Company strategy and core values.
Required: Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related field Experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a direct customer support role and/or manufacturing environment Essential Skills: Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide technical assistance to sales/customers with respect to the use of Company products and participate as in alliance partnerships as technical representative. Work in conjunction with the New Business Development, Sales, R&D and external resources as needed to find new applications for Company products or to develop new specifications for new products.
- Ensure that Company products comply with or exceed all appropriate Federal, State and other governing bodies' specifications and/or regulations.
- Gather technical data from customers and assist in the design of their particular systems or provide solutions in accordance with the data. Qualify, institute and report the inspection and/or testing of product as requested by customers.
- Assist in the development of technical papers and articles for publication and/or presentation on behalf of the company's technology and associated applications.
- Provide technical training on products, applications and terminations to company personnel, customers and others as required.
- Participate in customer presentations and sales calls with RSM's
- To manage projects as assigned by VP of R&D.
- Expert in area of responsibility to assist team members as needed and oversee resolution of operational issues that affect business objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Preferred Skills:
- Ability to build relationships at all levels in the organization
- Understand expectations and work independently under minimum supervision to meet or exceed expectations
- Excellent technical training skills with the ability to communicate technical solutions clearly
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing with a strong attention to detail
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Advanced computer skills including use of Microsoft Office and ability to learn new programs
- Creative problem solving, with the ability to recommend and implement solutions
- High level of initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to present complicated material in a concise and effective way
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information Mental Effort:
- Ensure that all activities conform to Company policies, and all appropriate laws and regulations.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Prolonged sitting at a workstation
- Use of a telephone for extensive periods of time
- Lifting up to 10 pounds occasionally. May seldom lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to hear and perceive the nature of sounds by ear
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Primarily working in an office environment with some exposure to manufacturing environment.
- Must follow all safety guidelines as it relates to personal protective equipment when in the manufacturing facility.
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time
- Must have a Valid US Passport or Passport Card for international travel.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available