Updated: May 24 2012
||HSE Manager / Advisor
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
1 Job Purpose:
- Assists the Senior Management Systems Advisor as the focal point for all Management System Policies and documentation related to Safety, Health and Environment within the Venture SHE Department and associated Venture Projects.
- Assists inthe development and implementation of the VentureSHE Management Systems, with a focus on company's RGEE and RGPMS.This includes leading and/or facilitating appropriate development and documentation at company sites in Qatar and at project locations overseas.
- Measures the status of compliance to Venture SHE systems through effective auditing and assessment processes.
- Assists in ensuring that Project Regulatory requirements are identified and monitored appropriately.
- Assists in ensuring that knowledge and understanding of SHE system requirements is implemented within the Venture
2 Key Result Areas:
- Works on development and approvals of the Venture Policies and Procedures as related to Venture SHE,RGEE and RGPMS systems.
- Maintains compliance to Document Management requirements.
- Participates in the development and implementation of internal Venture audit programs. Conducts compliance audits, assessments and self-assessments to validate that the Venture Projects are meeting the expectations outlined in the Venture SHE Plans and Procedures.Provides reports and tracks completion of actions.
- Acts to identify and track the project regulatory requirements. Reviews the project regulatory requirements with the company's Legal and Environmental Affairs Departments
- Works in the development and delivery of awareness training toVenture Project Management Team personnelrelated to SHE Management Systems.
3 Operating Environment, Framework and Boundaries:
- Works in an evolving SHE&Q environment where Venture projects opportunities are being identified on a continuous basis, adding complexity to the existing project SHE&Q environment, and with the need to appropriately target the projects implementation
- Works effectively within an established project management framework of procedures, must be highly creative and innovative in how issues and challenges are proactively planned for and/or resolved
- Works with very large capital expenditure projects in a highly dynamic team environment, involving very tight-deadlines in a high pressure and high externally visible role where accuracy, initiative and the ability to multi-task are considered essential skills
4 Communications and Working Relationships:
- Assists various internal project teams and external groups on resolving issues that require effective communication, initiative, flexibility and an ability to foster strong collaboration amongst the parties involved.
- Maintains an effective communication with the Corporate RGEE Department.
- Interacts effectively with Venture Management, auditors, regulators, contractors, suppliers and other entities, to address management systems challenges to ensure flawless start-up in an atmosphere where all groups must be in full alignment.
5 Problem Solving/Complexity:
- Contributes to the resolution of challenges and implementation of policies and approaches at an organizational level as a member of the Venture group.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks/activities.
- Ability to work independently.Responsible for own work product with minimal guidance and oversight from immediate supervisor.
- Ability to positively influence others, establishes credibility with peers and supervisors.
6 Decision Making Authority and Responsibility:
- This position supports related responsibilities and accountabilities as set out in RGEE Management System
7 Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- Degree level education.
- Professional Certification in Safety
- 10years experience in Safety, Health and Environment.
- Demonstrated communication and teamwork skills.
- Experience in SHE related to Oil and Gas industry including Project execution.
8 Assignment duration is 3 years.
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR EXPECTED SALARY AND EARLIEST AVAILABILITY.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available