Job Title: Manager, Service Center
*Location of this role is in San Antonio, TX not Houston, TX
Gains a thorough knowledge of the Hot Tap and Plugging (HT&P) technology available through products and services and becomes a critical asset to the region by focusing on HT&P Service Quality, Technical Job procedures, Job Planning, Training of Mechanics and Technicians, and Project Management on significant HT&P opportunities. This position will involve substantial interaction with our customers, including detailed discussions regarding job procedures and developing the best solution for our customers needs.
1) Primary Roles and Responsibilities
a) Post and Pre HT&P Application analysis from a technical perspective
b) Inside and Outside Sales Liaison
c) Customer Technical Interface
d) Application Stack-up drawings
e) Procedural clarification Method Statements
f) Coordinates the design and fabrication of special equipment
g) Modifies existing equipment in collaboration with Engineering
h) Field Performance Report Lead Investigator
i) Monitors equipment quality standards
j) Supports HT&P field applications in an advisory capacity
k) Ensures compliance with establish Quality / HSE standards
l) Conducts on site Pre-Job field and technician audits
2) Focused on Service Quality for all HT&P related issues, including all aspects of job preparation and execution, in addition to assisting in improving all job related processes and procedures. Insuring safe, efficient, and problem-free field operations is the goal. Gains required understanding of HT&P and Freeze services applications by obtaining the knowledge necessary to achieve certification at advanced levels of the technician job family from Technician Trainee through Level II.
3) Becomes familiar with the processes necessary to obtain customer orders by learning all aspects of Sales and Services Coordinator responsibilities. Becomes familiar with pricing, service capabilities, product capabilities, and adaptation to customer needs. Gains a thorough knowledge of TDW products and services, their applications and desired outcome of each application, and applies that knowledge to customer inquiries.
4) Participates in sales calls with Sales Representatives to assist in providing the customer with a detailed understanding of HT&P field procedures and concerns, and working to insure the best possible solutions for our customers.
5. Through observation and daily involvement, becomes familiar with all aspects of HT&P Field Operations.
6. The incumbent reports to the Regional Manager and is involved in a multiple-year training program with a desired outcome of eventual placement in engineering, sales, marketing or service center managerial role. The length of the training program would be approximately two to four years. During that period, the incumbent will be working closely with personnel at all levels of the organization.
1) Maintains strong partnerships with customers by understanding and responding to their needs and requirements,
2) Ensures that solutions are supplied which best meet customers business needs,
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
1) B.S. degree in marketing, business, construction management, or engineering from an accredited college or university.
2) Able to manage a profit and loss statement and capable of performing basic engineering calculations.
3) 2+ years of experience in the oil and gas pipeline industry.
4) At least one year of experience in a leadership or management role with hiring and firing responsibility; sales management would be ideal but is not required.
5) Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal.
We offer an excellent work environment, opportunities for growth, a competitive wage and a comprehensive benefits package. Our benefits package includes, but is not limited to the following:
• Medical Insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance and a Flexible Spending Account
• Group basic life/AD&D insurance and supplemental/voluntary life/AD&D insurance
• Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
• Retirement Benefits: pension plan and 401(k) with company match
• Paid Leave: sick leave (nonexempt employees only), vacation, 11 paid holidays annually
• Educational Assistance
• Company Bonus Program