Updated: May 23 2012
||Accounting or Finance
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||62k to 129k
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
This position as Senior SEC Specialist is a key Securities & Exchange Commission ("SEC") financial reporting role. In addition to financial reporting, this role involves a substantial amount of technical accounting research to address various worldwide accounting matters. This role has high visibility to the executive leadership team.
This position supports the external financial reporting process, consisting of duties associated with the closing/consolidation process through the filing of the relevant documents (e.g. 10-Q, 10-K, etc.) with the SEC, adhering to the SEC Rules and Regulations. Technical accounting entails (1) evaluation, interpretation, communication and documentation of all technical accounting issues, including the implementation of new accounting pronouncements for compliance with GAAP, and (2) monitoring, reviewing and assessing the impact of emerging, newly issued or revised accounting standards to determine applicability for the Company while considering each worldwide operating unit.
- prepare financial statements, including balance sheet, income statement, statement of cash flows, equity statement and other comprehensive income statement
- prepare various footnotes and disclosures associated with financial statements
- assist in the preparation, review and coordination of external financial filings
- access the impact of new accounting standards and assist in the implementation thereof
- prepare technical research memos analyzing various accounting issues
- keep abreast of changing accounting pronouncements and SEC rules and regulations
- assist in the preparation of and review of special projects and requests.
- assist the external and internal auditors with various requests
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- Current C.P.A. license holder or pursuing candidate
- 5+ years of public accounting and/or industry financial reporting experience
- Experience with Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) highly preferred
- Experience in the engineering and construction industry preferred but not required
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available