Updated: Aug 15 2012
||Planner / Scheduler, Project Controls
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Our major Oil & Gas Client is in need of a Project Planner - Onshore Prodcution in Houston, Texas.
The main purpose of this position is to provide planning and scheduling support to the Client's Project but may also include other projects in the US portfolio. The project is located in Kansas but the home office will be at Houston. Some business travel to Kansas will be expected.
The principal accountabilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assess and incorporate the impact of approved changes and any deviations from project targets and milestones, including productivity monitoring and identification of alternate approaches to optimise the plan(s)
- Support the delivery and maintenance of consistent and realistic plans and control structures for the project. Understand and monitor the interfaces between assigned project sub-elements and other sub-elements. Develop the activities, logic, resources and progress for the assigned project sub-elements.
- Comply with the planning and progress monitoring procedures.
- Conduct the schedule monthly progress update, forecast, critical path and trend analyses for assigned elements, including any impact from interface areas. Provide input to the status reports and ensure that these include the incorporation of approved changes.
- Liase with project engineering personnel to assist proper understanding of the key schedule sensitivities and drivers.- Assist with identification of alternate approaches to optimise the plan(s).
- Know the contract key dates, milestones and Client plan dates and how they relate to the overall project schedule. Understand the requirements of the contract sections for planning and progress reporting. Review and verify contractors reported progress and incorporate into schedule progress updates.
- Maintain awareness of critical and sub-crticial paths and track float consumption.
- Utilise the Client standard tools and processes.
- Assist in the preparation of input data for benchmarking activities.
This position provides an excellent opportunity to develop cross functional skills in the Project Services skillpool.
- Engineering Degree and/or Certification as a Planning Engineer or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 4 years industry experience in planning positions.
- Working experience with Primavera 6.0 is required
- Working experience in upstream Project Services organization.
- Must have a "Team attitude", be self-motivated and be willing to support other groups and projects when required.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment among multiple projects and ability to support ad-hoc requests.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management principles. PMP certification is desirable, but not required.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available