Updated: Jun 19 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||$1 to $2 / hour
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Talascend is currently seeking an Applications Engineer for a direct hire opportunity in Houston, TX.
The intermediate level Applications/Proposal Engineer is responsible for working with Account Managers to develop the appropriate responses to customer requests for proposals.
- Analyzes complex operational requirements, task statements, standards, specifications, and other documentation to determine engineering requirements relative to the establishment or functioning of complete systems
- Establishes and executes policies, procedures and directives to ensure fulfillment of contractual program technical requirements
- Maintains contact with appropriate Company personnel and assigned program technical tasks to ensure proper coordination and execution of same
- Provides technical expertise and assistance to assigned Engineers, Analysts, Drafters and Technicians.
- Reviews proposed designs and test plans for conformance with contract requirements, and analyzes test data for accuracy and consistency.
- May inspect, certify, and evaluate on-site operational systems and design modifications.
- Responsible for maintaining quality assurance standards
- Prepares and/or approves reports, proposals and presentations.
- Reviews, writes and edits reports such as evaluation plans and technical program plans.
- Responsible for assuring that the generation, release, and maintenance of documentation is in accordance with Company and contractual requirements
- Maintains liaison with customer and contractor representatives in order to review, monitor, and evaluate results for conformity to tasks, specifications and schedules.
- Advises and consults with upper management, customers and industry representatives concerning business opportunities and potential problems which may impact on the Company's business
- Requires working knowledge of ASME, API, NEC, OSHA terms and guidelines
- Requires good language skills, written and spoken
- Proficient using complete Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, etc.) and PC skills.
- Highly organized and ability to juggle tasks and projects.
- Takes ownership of assignments and is focused on tasks given.
- Read, write, speak and understand basic English.
- Customer service orientated.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from a four year college or university; M.S. in Engineering
- Twelve years related experience
Talascend is an Equal Opportunity Employer (E/O/E)
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available