Updated: May 23 2012
||Drilling Engineering, Gulf of Mexico or Deepwater operations, ability to coordinate multiple initiatives and supervise diverse teams in support of large-scale drilling operations
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||The Woodlands, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
- This position is located in Anadarko's Gulf of Mexico Deepwater Drilling department. This is a high profile position functioning as an integral part of an asset team. The successful candidate will have both the technical and communication skills to interface with both field and office based staff.
- The ideal candidate for this position should possess at least 4 - 10 years of applicable in the oil & gas industry; specifically in Gulf of Mexico or Deepwater operations.
- Strong technical and interpersonal skills with the proven ability to coordinate multiple initiatives and supervise diverse teams in support of large-scale drilling operations.
- Strong operations management, engineering leadership and project coordination abilities.
- Conducts themselves and the operation with stringent safety, environmental and regulatory practices and compliance.
- Proven strengths with mentoring less experienced staff and working with colleagues in an asset based team.
- Drilling background including field developments / workover and exploration drilling as an office engineer, field engineer, and/or drilling supervisor.
- Plan and execute multiple offshore drilling projects.
- Work as an active team member with geoscientists, production / completion engineers, production operations, regulatory analysts, reservoir engineers and others to in a dynamic, fast paced organization.
- Develop scoping well designs and cost estimates during early stages of project consideration;
- Prepare final well design, AFEs and drilling programs (rig selection criteria; casing and drill string designs, mud and cement programs; bit programs; coordination and incorporation of wellbore evaluation programs; well control procedures; contingency plans; etc.) for exploration, delineation and development wells;
- Monitor real time and post well costs; verify and approve invoices;
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a related field is required
Grade and salary will be commensurate with relevant education and experience.
This position is/is not eligible for relocation
The percentage of travel required for this position is 10 - 20%
This position is eligible for the 9/80 work schedule
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available