Updated: Jun 19 2012
||Electrical Engineering, Instrument & Controls Engineer
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Instrumentation, Controls, and Power Engineering
Position reports to the VP of Operations and will have primary responsibility for the electrical/electronic systems. The entire system includes the following major elements:
- Natural gas based power generation OR direct connection to the grid depending on location.
- Electrical distribution equipment including breakers, switches, variable frequency drives, soft starts.
- Instrumentation & Controls utilizing PLC and Foundation Fieldbus platforms.
- Automation, Remote Monitoring & Control
The system monitors a number of instruments including pressure, temperature, flow rate, density, liquid levels.
The system controls pump speeds, valve positions.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical, mechanical, or chemical engineering from accredited program.
- 3+ years of experience in instrumentation and controls of industrial processes.
- Foundation Fieldbus and PLC knowledge and experience.
- Power systems general knowledge.
- Experience with 3rd party engineering contractors and fabricators.
- Leadership experience.
- Ability to travel.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess current gaps and recommend future direction for controls and automation.
- Controls and Automation. Work with the Foundation Fieldbus. Determine what needs to be done to enhance, i.e. wireless, remote connectivity, existing operator interfaces. Assess current ladder logic for appropriate shutdowns/controls.
- Power Generation. Assess our current situation. Develop an energy consumption map. Look for ways to reduce power consumption, i.e. VSDs, heat conservation, utilities.
- Work with 3rd party suppliers such as Yokogawa, Allen Bradley, electrical power components.
- Develop electrical and instrumentation training guides for operating & troubleshooting the pods.
- Insure that engineering (current and future) is fully documented.
- Identify and direct internal (new hires) and external (3rd party) engineering resources required.
- Internal: technologists, engineers, programmers, graphic designers
- External: supplier resources, 3rd party contractors.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available