Updated: Aug 14 2012
||HSE Manager / Advisor
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Promotes a proactive Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) culture for a global oil & gas equipment manufacturer and service provider by assisting with the implementation of core HSE programs, policies and initiatives. Provides solid, independent contribution with all aspects of the HSE program and completes work independently on assignments involving varied and complex issues without direct day-to-day supervision. Expected to solve complex issues and make modifications as needed in order to complete functional and/or project goals within budgetary and scope constraints. This position will be expected to complete individual tasks but will have project team responsibilities while effectively teaching to other employees within the organization.
Education & Experience:
Prefer undergraduate degree in safety-related field or similar discipline with a minimum of 5 years experience or 7-10 years combination of education and experience in the following:
- Providing HSE support in the manufacturing or oil & gas service industries;
- Implementing HSE management systems;
- Leading and completing HSE incident investigations and reports;
- Leading and/or participating in tool box safety meetings, safety stand downs, etc.;
- Implementing international travel indoctrination programs;
- Developing HSE improvement plans;
- Facilitating or developing HSE training programs;
- Leading employee safety committees; and
- General environmental programs such as Storm Water Pollution Prevention, Spill Prevention Control and countermeasures and waste classification.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Able to participate in cross-functional project teams and in a team-oriented environment;
- Able to work closely with co-workers from multiple-nationalities;
- Strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail;
- Able to give and receive constructive and candid feedback; and
- Capable of preparing and presenting simple presentations.
Technical Skills & Programs:
- Proficient in applicable software applications including MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint);
- Incident Investigation and Reporting;
- Behavior-Based Safety (BBS);
- Job Safety Analysis (JSA);
- Condition Audits;
- Industrial Hygiene monitoring;
- Hazard Identification (HAZID) or Hazard Operability (HAZOP) studies;
- Ability to problem solve;
- Uses best practices to solve functional issues; and possesses ingenuity and initiative to coordinate problem resolution.
Related regulatory requirements:
- U.S. Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA);
- U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT)
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA); and
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)
Corporate compliance requirements:
- Behavior-Based Safety (START Program);
- Job Safety Analysis (JSA);
- Incident Investigation; and
- HSE Management System Auditing.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following.
- Provides dedicated HSE support to internal project teams;
- Establishes professional relationship with manufacturing personnel to represent customer and project HSE expectations;
- Provides safety coaching for shop personnel with respect to JSAs, at-risk activities, unsafe conditions, safety improvement opportunities, etc.;
- Conducts reviews of safety and environmental requirements and prepares departmental summaries for customer quote and bid packages;
- Conducts quarterly contractor safety forums to promote FMC Technologies HSE expectations and learning opportunities;
- Represents FMC Technologies in customer-sponsored safety forums;
- Participates in project-related HAZID/HAZOP studies; equipment testing (SIT, FAT, etc.) operations; and monitor load-out and product delivery activities;
- Provides customer notifications for incidents related to applicable projects;
- Participates in incident investigations and contributes to formal Root Cause Analysis teams assembled for significant incidents;
- Provides support in compiling HS&E data and evaluating statistics for project teams;
- Interfaces with senior level management and assists in HS&E supplier and contractor audits;
- Is an active HSE and project team member ensuring adherence to OSHA compliance, and FMC Technologies principles, policies, and standards to improve HSE processes in a reliable and cost-effective manner.
- Works in office environment approximately 60% of the time using standard office equipment;
- Spends time in shop manufacturing environment and offsite contractor fabricator locations 40% of the time, which involves moderate exposure to noise levels and shop machinery;
- Moderate local travel to local contractor and/or customer locations to represent project HSE issues; and
- Infrequent travel to corporate domestic and international locations.
- Position requires potential for extended walking, bending, climbing, stooping and moderate lifting daily.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Ensure OSHA and DOT compliance - compliance with Federal, State, Local and Corporate requirements relating to training, recordkeeping, permits, reports, policy and procedures and other related compliance issues.
- Trains, monitors and coaches team members to improve skill level to ensure adherence to principles, policies and standards of HSE processes in a reliable and cost-effective manner.
- Provides support in compiling data and evaluation statistics for internal customer project teams, management, and federal and state agencies.
- Participates in incident investigations, problem resolution, customer notification and appropriate feedback (positive and corrective) within the teams and sites.
- Conducts reviews of safety and environmental requirements and prepares departmental summaries for customer quote and bid packages.
- Provides support for corporate HSE compliance cycle audits to ensure problem resolution and overall HSE compliance.
- Interface with Corporate staff and assist in HSE audits off-site.
- Mitigate corporate exposure to regulatory fines and liabilities.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available