Updated: May 22 2012
||Chemical Engineering, Plant Operations Engineer, Refinery / Plant Operations Supervisor, ThermoFlow & Winsteam
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||$85,000 to $120,000
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Contractor
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Base Salary: $85,000.00 to $120,000.00
Experience: 5 to 20 years
Education: BSME /ChemE/ MSME
Contract Position One to Three year
Full Benefits Available: Health -Vision- Dental, 401k PTO and Holidays
Periodic Travel: Yes
Positions to Fill: 2
- Provide technical support to Utilities and Process areas of different chemical and petrochemical plants in Houston ship channel, and Golden Triangle.
- Work in the R&D Labs on Pilot Plants involving different unit operations e.g. distillation, Extraction, Absorption, Reactors, Boilers and Process utility systems associated in the facility.
- Perform research of the development of a new chemical processes, provide accurate and proven calculations of thermodynamics, transport properties of steam and water. Design and build bench-scale Process Plants.
- Detail your involvement in Crude Expansion projects, Co-Generation or energy efficiencies, frame up projects front end engineering and development.
- Detail problems you have solved in plant operations providing your expertise in the life cycle cost analysis, for Return on investment.
- Provide details and the size of projects you have lead over $100M and above a Billion - BB$ or level you have been involved with in refining, chemical manufacturing or processing.
Detail of Tools used: Gas Chromatograph and other instruments for analytical work.
Detail of Software knowledge of Thermoflow, Winsteam, Excel
- B.S. Chemical/Mechanical engineering - 5 years min
- Basic Utilities system knowledge (boilers, steam systems)
- Well versed in Mass and Energy balances
- Able to review, interpret, develop basic Utilities flow diagrams and PIDs
- Skill in Excel and software programs of modeling fundamentals
- Must be able to work with vendors to secure information to progress design
- Knowledge of MSA frame work
Plusses; IN Site experience particularly in Utilities and water treatment area of Operating Process units.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Nonexempt
The above is not intended to list all possible essential functions or requirements as they are subject to change, The employer reserves the right to revise or change this description. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. All employees are expected to work varying hours of compensated overtime to accomplish various duties. All employees are expected to work rotating hours, shifts, or in different departments to accommodate the business demands. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the above essential duties and meet the physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to meet these conditions.
***This is an open continuous announcement. We accept applications for this occupation on an ongoing basis; qualified applicants will be considered as vacancies become available. Applications will remain on file for six months from the date the application was received.***
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available