The OBO Project Engineer (PE) is a member of a small cross-functional team that manages partner relationships and alignment of non-operated assets with BP Alaska objectives. The primary focus of the OBO Project Engineer is the Kuparuk River Unit (KRU) operated by ConocoPhillips Alaska Inc. (CPAI) with BP having a significant Working Interest (39%).
The Kuparuk River Unit has significant and growing capital and operating budgets and accounts for about 1/4 of BP Alaska's net production.
The majority of capital spend is currently being directed toward renewal of KRU field and facility infrastructure together with reduction in operating risk needed to keep the facilities viable until the end of field life. In addition, OBO Team efforts also focus on the significant development potential at KRU, including a variety of opportunities: infill & peripheral drilling of mature water/EOR flood targets, satellites accumulations, EOR (MI/LoSal) flood expansions, and large scale viscous oil development. Viscous oil in the West Sak and Ugnu accumulations may be able to produce between 250 million to 1 billion barrels of reserves.
The OBO PE is expected to function across a range of disciplines; e.g. Discipline Engineering, Project Management and Operations Management. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals who seek to gain a business perspective and have an influence over a wide range of issues.
On a day to day basis, the OBO PE is accountable to the OBO Project Manager for facilities, projects and operations oversight of CPAI's KRU activities and coordination with BP's subsurface personnel regarding oversight of KRU operations and development planning activities. The position is a key networking role within BP and key influencing role with the operator CPAI. Occasional travel to the North Slope is anticipated, as necessary.
The primary objectives of the OBO Team are to encourage excellence in HS&E, maximize production, optimize capital and operating costs, and pursue economic development of reserves.
The specific areas of responsibility for the OBO PE include providing:
* Oversight of the KRU LTO and Integrity work consistent with the appropriate aspects of BP's Operating Management System
* Oversight of KRU facility planning, including development planning and 3rd party facility sharing arrangements.
* Oversight of KRU facility projects, including scope, schedule and capex budget.
* Oversight of KRU facility operations, including lifting cost budget.
* Facilitation of information and other sharing between North Slope operators to achieve best practices and cost efficiency.
Other accountabilities include:
* Understand risks related to operating practices and proposed project options at KRU, and work with operator to mitigate those risks.
* Develop strong working relationships to ensure the most appropriate and efficient development and operation of KRU while protecting BP's interests.
*Provide technical review of proposed projects. Coordinate review by other BP technical resources when appropriate.
* Drive internal process for securing funding for facility Capex and Opex projects.
*Analyzing benefits and risks, providing information for financial analysis, developing benchmark data, preparing Financial Memorandums and preparing/presenting management reviews.
* Provide technical review and approval of AFE's for facility Opex and Capex expenditures.
* Monitor operator's capex and opex spend against budgets and FM targets.
* Identify opportunities and facilitate sharing of operating practices between operators.
* Develop and provide input to BP's Long Term Plan for Capex and Opex. Bachelors in Engineering or related field
* Minimum 10 yrs industry experience
* Ability to solve multi-discipline issues with other team members
* Demonstrated skill in influencing others * Achieved solid technical, project management, and/or operational background in oil field facilities (surface process facilities and pipelines)