Petro Harvester Oil and Gas, based in Plano, TX, is a growing privately held onshore North American E&P with conventional long-lived oil assets along the Louisiana and Mississippi Gulf Coast and the Williston Basin in North Dakota. Currently, Petro Harvester produces 5k boe/day and has approximately 60+ employees.
To meet our growth needs, we are adding a Geological Technician to support our team. This key role will support the geologists and other team members by gathering and organizing data from proprietary and commercial databases. Tasks will include hand and digital cross-sections, planimetering, and producing maps. Knowledge of well logs, geologic and engineering terminology is a plus. Proficient in PETRA and SMT a must.
• Provide technical support to geologists by utilizing database information and software tools to assemble and analyze data.
• Assist with data assembly, analysis, organization and presentations as well as load well and seismic data.
• Load directional survey data and log seismic data.
• Gather and post drilling and completion activity in your geographic area of responsibility, while updating maps as needed.
• Responsible for the preparation of maps, cross sections, logs, displays, gathering and evaluating geological, geophysical and some engineering data.
• Work effectively in a team environment with operations and reservoir engineers
• Generate accurate work and be detailed oriented
• Work efficiently and meet project deadlines on multiple projects
Industry Requirements & Qualifications
• Associates Degree in a geology related field or equivalent industry experience
• 5 years prior experience as a geological technician
• Knowledge of well logs, geologic and engineering terminology is a plus.
• Proficient in PETRA and SMT a must
• Demonstrate strong analytical, communication (verbal/written) and presentation skills
• Independent, self-motivated, organized, creative and results oriented
LOCATION: Plano, Texas
Petro Harvester offers a competitive total rewards package including base salary, generous bonus opportunity and benefits.