Updated: Oct 17 2012
||Geologist, Geoscientist, Seismic
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
All applicants must possess a valid US Work Authorization.
Maersk Oil is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Maersk Oil is looking for a Carbonate Specialist to work in the Geosciences Team and support Maersk Oil Houston carbonate exploration, appraisal and development operations.
The Carbonate Specialist is responsible for providing strong carbonate sedimentological expertise with evaluation and integration of data from subsurface and analog datasets to support business unit needs, primarily focused on supporting efforts in the South Atlantic.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, possess strong analytical and communication skills, and enjoy working in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment.
- 5-10 years experience in the oil industry or related academic studies
- Strong technical foundation within carbonate sedimentology and reservoir characterization disciplines
- Experience in core and cuttings description and petrography
- Strong networking skills externally and internally - ability to cultivate and build strong external relationships with business counterparts
- Provide accurate and timely advice and support to the various Maersk Oil Houston departments (development, exploration, new business, non-operated assets and the regional teams)
- Ensure the technical integrity and quality of discipline work
- Ability to actively participate in and supervise sedimentological projects
- Incorporate results from sedimentological studies into project work through close cooperation with technical teams
- Participate in evaluation of technical work performed by other Maersk Oil business units
- Continuously improve on existing practices and work processes as part of the geologist discipline community
- Establish network of contacts across the worldwide Maersk Oil community and beyond
- MSc. level or higher in carbonate-related studies
The successful candidate should ideally also have
- Technical presentation and writing skills
- Experience using Petrel, ArcGIS and Openworks/Paradigm software beneficial
- Knowledge of the business, project drivers and economics
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Motivation to learn and share learning's with technical peers
- Fluency in written and spoken technical English
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available