Updated: May 21 2012
||E&P Asset Manager, Process Management, Research & Development, data, data analysis, pre-sales, workflows, exploration, development, EDIN Browser, EDIN Desktop
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Competitive + benefits
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Senior International Data Advisor
The Senior Data Consultant will showcase our International E&P Data and Applications by working with existing or potential clients to demonstrate the value and power of our products by providing expert knowledge on the data and the means by which to exploit its value. He/she will generate case studies and build workflows based on IHS proprietary data/tools and present the results to clients.
General Job Duties:
• Work with existing or potential clients to demonstrate the value of our data by providing expert knowledge on data and the means by which to exploit its value.
• Maximize the effectiveness of existing resources through the optimal protection and growth of revenue from existing products and services. Assisting account managers by maintaining "at risk clients" to better understand the reasons concerned and to address these with an effective strategy. Possess detailed understanding of competitor products and provides analysis to defend value of IHSE products vs. competitors.
• Increase new sales by focused presales demonstrations and finding solutions to client problems.
• Assist sales in understanding and profiling our client base to better serve our clients with products that meet their needs. Communicate with account managers with ongoing issues for their customer. By assisting with onsite sales calls and providing product/data based knowledge.
• Participate in tradeshows & conventions.
• Ability to demonstrate expertise in industry workflows & business practices for our customers.
• Create and deliver data extracts by growing strategic data elements through the better understanding of client needs and workflows. Additional emphasis on integrated use of analysis tools and global analysis products by working closely with existing clients in their workspace.
• Contribute and provide feedback to product groups and support on identified issues, bugs, and requested enhancements identified by customers.
• Provide mentoring and coaching with Field Support staff on areas of expertise up to and including presentations for train the trainer sessions to IHS Energy internal employees on products, data and other industry related essential information. Work closely with Sales operations group to provide curriculum on Data and software usage to help drive consulting and training days that are included within US based International agreements.
Experience and qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Geoscience, Petroleum Engineering, IT or/and Computer Science required.
• Requires a minimum 5 years in E&P industry with emphasis on IHS International E&P information, application software or both.
• Experience with EDIN Browser, EDIN Desktop and ArcMap are pluses
• 5 plus years' experience in exploration, development, acquisitions, and/or experience supporting information or application needs of customers performing these functions.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Technically conversant in English.
• Excellent analytical skills, ability to work independently, generate ideas and put forward initiatives.
• Able to discuss and explain workflow analysis of IHS supported products/data with clients in a straight-forward and organized manner.
• Professional voice and appearance and interpersonal skills for dealing with customers.
• Must be able to speak in front of groups and conduct training classes.
• Concise and strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Able to quickly learn new products..
• Must have comprehensive applied knowledge for IHS domestic and international data & products.
• Travel in the US as needed
To make a direct online application please click APPLY.
IHS (NYSE: IHS) is a leading global source of critical information and insight dedicated to providing the most complete and trusted data and expertise. IHS product and service solutions span four areas of information that encompass the most important concerns facing global business today: Energy, Product Lifecycle, Security and Environment. By focusing on customers first, IHS enables innovative and successful decision-making for customers ranging from governments and multinational companies to smaller companies and technical professionals in more than 180 countries. IHS has been in business since 1959 and employs approximately 5,500 people in more than 20 countries.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available