PROGISYS ASIA Inc.
Updated: Jun 14 2012
||OIM, Operating Management of offshore facilities including MOPU, MODU and Submersible Units.
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Job Code: PLA-ICEC-01-0512
LOCATION: Offshore and in Bases as required
START DATE: July 2012
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Contract
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE:
- The position provides engineering, technical support and guidance for all aspects of the MOPU. The OIM is to ensure the effective operational performance and integrity of the installation, its facilities and personnel.
- Responsible for the Health, Safety and Welfare of all the personnel on the installation.
- Manage MOPU operations in a safe, professional manner on offshore assets.
- Manage Class requirements and documentation
- Manage water injection (mud pump operations)
- Manage repair and maintenance
- Experienced to operate a submersible MODU/MOPU
- Competent to Move the submersible MODU/MOPU to offshore locations
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- The OIM duties include, but not limited to:
- Establish safe and sound operations for MOPU and crew that is compliant with the company policies, Governing bodies and industry standards.
- Facilitate reporting mechanisms such that accurate and meaningful operational information is available to allow the MOPU activities to be managed efficiently and effectively.
- Plan, develop and justify repair and maintenance programs
- Lead in HSE and equipment improvement and to provide support and advice to offshore production personnel
- In Emergency situations (real or simulated) provide leadership, direction and information for the MOPU in order to avert or minimise the impact on people and assets.
- Develop working methods such that interaction of the platform teams results in a cohesive effort to achieve a safe, effective and efficient approach to operations.
- Manage and plan in conjunction with external services providers, contractors, vendors for required, upgrades, shutdowns and maintenance.
- Develop and implement operating policies and procedures consistent with department and corporate goals, while adhering to all governmental requirements.
- Present yourself personally in a manner that reflects the highest degree of integrity.
- Promote the best possible corporate image of the company.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
- Certified OIM
- Engineering degree will be an asset.
- 10 - 15 years experience working in the upstream E & P energy sector. At least 5 years experience as an OIM
- Operating Management of offshore facilities including MOPU, MODU and Submersible Units.
Good command of written and spoken English
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available