Offshore Consulting & Supervision (OCS) is a technical consultancy company which provides highly specialized supervisory and engineering staff to the Oil & Gas Industry worldwide. Created in 2001 by senior managers of the Oil & Gas industry, OCS mainly focuses on the exploration & Production sector and in particular provides consultants involved in the engineering phase of deepwater fields and in offshore operations. OCS is a sister company of PETROLIS which provides operationnal staff to the oil and gas industry. Their group of technical assistance represents 250 employees working worldwide.
We are urgently looking for engineers dedicated to offshore activities. The positions are to be based in France and after in Africa.
Nom du projet : Direction des Projets Nouveaux - Anguille Redéveloppement
- Intitulé de la prestation : TOPSIDES REPRESENTATIVE
- Lieu de la prestation : Paris 1 mois puis transfert offshore au Gabon
- Statut : Résident puis rotation offshore
- Début de la prestation : mai 2012
- Durée de la prestation : 3 mois
- Langues : Français et Anglais
TOPSIDES REPRESENTATIVE FOR THE 18 INCH PIPELINE
Management of the platforms activities related to the 18 inch pipeline laying Contractor (SEA TRUCKS) and Subcontractors. This includes:
- risers installation on AGMP and TRMPFC,
- flare boom removal on AGMP,
- riser protection frame installation on AGMP.
The work includes a preliminary period in the subcontractors' factory follow up the fabrication, project engineering and preparation.
Execution phase is expected from June 2012 to July 2012.
1/ Contractor Procedures review and comment to fully understand the Work to be performed (activities, planning, key points, technical challenges, logistic and organizational issues, HSE, QAQC)
2/ Supervision of the platforms construction, in order to achieve a proper control of all CONTRACTOR's activities, including marine operations, lifting operations, construction equipment set-up, riser handling, etc.
3/ Coordination if necessary of the various Marine Spreads involved in the operations.
4/ Ensure that Operations procedures and HSE/QAQC requirements are compliant with COMPANY specifications during the fabrication, rope access, welding and Installation activities.
5/ Assess the seriousness and urgency of possible problems encountered by or with CONTRACTOR, and, when necessary, to obtain an acceptable remedial actions plan from CONTRACTOR.
6/ Report on a daily basis the activity progress and look ahead. The report shall include HSE/QAQC/Technical/logistic aspects.
7/ Control and facilitate the interfaces between CONTRACTOR and Total Gabon (PTW, medevac etc.) and/or any other parties.
8/ Assessment of the relevancy of the installation related to VOR issued by Contractor, and preparation of any supporting data for such purpose.
9/ Perform or attend any relevant meetings during the operations (daily, safety, pre-job meetings or others)OBSERVATIONS ON ACTIVITIES AND MISSIONS
- The main role of the topsides Rep is to ensure the good preparation and execution of the operations and issue sufficient reporting to allow the project team to understand the technical aspects in order to solve the contractual issues.
- The capability to manage the interfaces with both project and CONTRACTOR teams is a key element for the good performance of this job.
- Construction works in the splash zone
- Rope access
- Knowledge on diving
- Rigging installation
- Structure Welding
- RSES training program (Compulsory)
- PFP / coating
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
- Good leadership in safety and operations, human relationships and communication skills is required.
- Experienced superintendent with a good level of technical understanding of all disciplines, with at least 8 years experience of Offshore Oil and Gas projects.
- Autonomy, knowhow of offshore Operations, platforms braces and risers installation, rigging and lifting.
- Good Management capacities.
- Good understanding of the Contractual relationships between Total GPA, CONTRACTOR and its sub-contractors.
- Fluent in English and French (speaking and writing).
OTHER OBSERVATIONS ON THE SPECIFICITIES OF THE JOB AND ITS ENVIRONMENT:
- First based in Paris with missions to Europe and Africa.
- Based Offshore Gabon during the execution phase.