My client is looking for a Senior Drilling Operations Engineer for their Qatar operations on a perm expat basis.
Senior Drilling Operations Engineer - Oil, Doha, Qatar
My client is the leading oil producer offshore Qatar and a recognized pioneer in oil development and production techniques. On the basis of an Exploration and Production Sharing Agreement (EPSA) signed in 1992 with Qatar Petroleum, is the sole operator of the Al Shaheen field. The current oil production from the Al Shaheen field is approximately 300,000 barrels per day from nine different locations and is exported via two main offshore facilities.
In preparation for further development entailing drilling and workover activities we are looking for Senior Drilling Operations Engineer(s) to join the Drilling Department in Doha.
Role and Responsibilities:
You will be part of a rig team responsible for providing technical expertise, know-how and day to day operational support within drilling operations.
My client has embarked on an Incident Free working environment, which requires a high level of focus on HSE and Process Safety. Working under the Incident Free commitment and mindset you will be responsible for detailed planning and operational support to drill various types of wells including extended reach horizontal development wells, vertical and deviated appraisal wells as well as workovers of existing wells. The responsibilities will include the following:
• Preparing in close corporation with Petroleum Engineering Department a Well Prognosis which states the objectives of the planned operations including, trajectories, casing design, specific drilling challenges and associated cost estimates.
• Preparing drilling/workover programmes which satisfy all objectives in the Well Prognosis and at the same time follow recommended company practices, including equipment selection, drilling fluid and cementing design whilst taking lessons learned and best practices into account.
• Conducting and document Risk Assessment for non-standard operations.
• Keeping up to date with the operation and providing the required daily operation and engineering support for the operation within the rig team.
• Mentoring Well Site Engineers in their daily work offshore as well as during their onshore office rotations. Provide the Well Site Engineer with timely and constructive feed back on their work.
• Mentoring and coaching Drilling Operations Engineer (in team) in daily work.
• Ensuring drilling performance and daily cost is accurately captured in daily drilling reports and dedicated reporting software (OpenWells).
• Completing final well reports with emphasize on ensuring high level of data quality is reported and that lessons learned are captured in after action reviews and dedicated software.
• Assisting in the technical aspects of contracting work, hereunder tender evaluations. Take role of technical focal point with one or more contracts (contract holder).
• Participating in seminars, courses and conferences, in order to stay abreast with development of new drilling/completion related equipment and suggest implementation where applicable. We strive to obtain personal development through formal training, active knowledge sharing, mutual peer assists, and a high level of personal commitment.
The successful candidate has good organizational, analytical and communication skills. He or she is independent, self motivated and quality driven, has the ability to interact with other disciplines and to motivate people - all with a sense of urgency.
Furthermore the following requirements are considered as minimum qualifications:
•A degree at BSc or MSc level in a relevant engineering or science discipline.
•Minimum 7 years of upstream oil and gas experience, in role of Drilling Engineer or similar position(s).
•Experience with well planning and risk assessment process.
•Experience user of well planning and reporting software.
•Experience from previous positions working at drilling site (offshore or onshore).
•Proficient in written and verbal English.