Maness & Associates
Updated: Jun 4 2012
||Environmental Safety & Training, Safety Officer, Safety Training Rep, Environmental specialist
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Based on experience, PLUS
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
North America Operations HSE Specialist
Position Summary: Servers as a senior support function for NAO/Corporate HSE Group providing consultation and governance support to the business. Should be involved in all aspects of the HSE function and be able to work on their own and lead in the development, implementation and monitoring of programs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide technical expertise on various HSE programs for the business
• Understand the components of an HSE Management System and assist in its implementation
• Respond to customer requests and manage customer focus groups
• Implement and maintain company HSE documents adhering to local, state and federal environmental, health and safety regulations. (national and international).
• Works with internal and external customers to ensure compliance with HSE Policy, Standards, guidelines and regulations.
• Assist in the development and implementation of HSE standards, procedures, guidelines
• Knowledge of Federal, State, Local Health, Safety and Environmental Codes and Regulations
• Lead and develop mentoring programs
• Conduct risk assessments (HAZOP / HAZID)
• Lead incident investigations
• Compile and analyze HSE statistics, incident reports and issue monthly reports.
• Develop corrective actions to address negative trends.
• Produce leading indicators and statistical data
• Develop training plans and programs
• Prepare training materials and deliver training courses
• Ability to review and analyze HSE compliance requirements
• Ability to support workers compensation claims review process
Required Skills or Tools:
• Possess good written and oral communication skills
• Possess strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to read and interpret policies, programs and regulations
• Must be able to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
• Relies on minimal instructions and pre-established guidelines and timetables to perform the functions of the job
• Proficient presentation skills
• Ability to coordinate the activities of others in HSE
• Ability to work under pressure and with time constraints
• Proficient knowledge of IMPACT or similar software
• Proficient use of MS Office suite
• Good project management skills
• Good analytical skills
• Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University (preferred).
• 8 -10 years of HSE experience with minimum of 3 years in a leadership/coordination role (required).
• CSP / NEBOSH (preferred).
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available