TAM International, Inc.
Updated: Jul 18 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Summary of Responsibilities
The Global Product Champion (GPC) is responsible for both the technical and commercial success for the assigned new products. The GPC will participate in product development activities and lead the product launch process to coordinate the necessary resources to build revenue generating capability in TAM. These activities include gathering and understanding customer requirements, defining the product position and working closely with Technical Support, Engineering and Sales to deliver winning products to grow revenue and customer satisfaction. The GPC is also responsible for developing materials and presenting product information both internally, to create the capability to sell the new products, and externally, to build market acceptance. The GPC develops a global communications network and is recognized as the central point for new product success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to the duties defined below.
- Define product development needs to address present and future markets; participate on the team by defining customer requirements and market understanding
- Define and implement the global product marketing plan to gain market acceptance through seminars, training sessions, case history development and technical papers.
- Track quarterly revenue, profit and other key metrics; provide input for market potential and forecasting
- Develop marketing tools and support material for product line growth
- Develop and implement regional commercialization plans with regional sales teams and regional product champions
- Working closely with engineering and technical support the GPC will develop training materials and implement training plans for service operations, sales and business development personnel on the defined new products. The focus is on new TAM technologies and applications and on competitor products.
Requires Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) - Engineering and/or MBA is a plus. Seven to ten years engineering and business development experience in downhole oilfield equipment; specific experience in design and applications of service tools preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to work under a minimum of supervision. Ability to read and understand engineering drawings as they pertain to assembly of inflatable packers or related downhole tools. Must demonstrate effective organization and time management skills. Basic to intermediate skills in MS Office products to include Word and Excel and MRP or related systems. Familiarity with computer networks and e-mail.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available