BP International Ltd
Updated: May 17 2012
||Drilling Superintendent, Well Control
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
This Well Control Standards Engineer is a specialist role to provide assurance for compliance with well control practices and preparedness in the Azerbaijan region.
This will include personnel training and competence, equipment specification, certification and maintenance, and procedures relating to well control.
- Act as the primary technical contact for Well Control in AGT.
- Advise Wells staff with respect to Well Control aspects of BP's, and industry standards & practices as mandated by GP 10-10 (BP Well Control Engineering Technical Practice) and GP 10-45 (Working With Pressure)
- Owner of the AGT Well Control Response Guide, Relief Well Planning Basis of Design, Well Control Bridging Documentation, and Well Capping Strategy.
- Review and endorse deviations & MoCs that relate to BP Well Control standards, including BOP Test Extensions Kick Tolerance deviations Site Technical Practice development Basis of Design Well control certification exemption
- Advise the Wells AGT staff on issues relating to technical integrity of Well Control equipment, maintenance, inspection, training, and Well Control proficiency.
- Lead risk management process in the area of well control and consult with the relevant Segment Technical Authorities.
- Support operations teams in the management of Well Control incidents.
- Level 1: Communicate with the operations team.
- Level 2: Participate as a core response team member, and communicate with the Well Control Segment Engineering Technical Authority (SETA).
- Ensure AGT Well Control incidents are appropriately investigated, and manage the learnings from those incidents. Personally investigate Well Control incidents as requested by the Wells Vice President.
- Identify positions requiring well control training. Assess for gaps in Well Control training, working with the SETA to identify the most appropriate training & certification programs.
- Advise on advanced well control training requirements.
- Participate in post challenge coaching & mentoring programmes for potential successors
- Conduct spot audits of sites to test Well Control readiness and equipment conformance with DWOP.
- Actively participate in BP Well Control technical networks, communities of interest, and consult with the relevant Segment Technical Authorities as required. Maintaining a strong awareness of technical learnings and industry advances.
- Ensure standardization of BOP Testing procedures and standards across the BP rig fleet in the Caspian.
- Ensure standardization of Well Control Drills implementation across the rigs within the AGT.
- Engineering Degree Valid Well Control Certification Demonstrable experience in drilling operations Offshore supervisory experience Onshore engineering and well planning experience Familiar with Microsoft Office Software
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available