Updated: May 16 2012
||Driller, Drilling Engineering , Drilling Operations
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||£0.00 per annum
Closed - No longer accepting applications
We have an opportunity for a Senior Drilling Engineer to join a major operator who are increasing capacity within their Well Engineering teams in Ethiopia and Kenya.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Checking that a competent basis of design and drilling program are delivered to the drilling manager (QC),in line with company policies, HSE rules, standards, any applicable Government or regulatory authority.
- Drilling data base management and up date via Livelink and wellview.
- Providing expertise within the company for all drilling software such as Stresscheck, DSP-One, Wellview, Drillmax¦
- Support the EH&S performance of well operations and compliance with Corporate and regional EH&S standards.
- To work with key G&G plus Engineering staff to optimise well design.
- To develop a wide knowledge base of industry technologies for application to the company's future operations.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 10 to 15 years of Petroleum experience (preferably drilling, but also production or geology, reservoir engineer)
- Knowledge of industry normal practices associated with drilling, Testing, work-over, wire-line and completion operations.
- Understanding of well control techniques.
- The engineering criteria associated with the well construction and operations planning, design and well control issues, hole stability and mud, deviated drilling, Completion, Testing and production.
- Recognition of importance of EH&S
- Familiar with API & other recognized industry Standards & recommended practices.
- Understanding of Geological and Petroleum Engineering priorities and well associated requirements.
- Well budgets and cost allocation and monitoring.
- Good software skills.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976. Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available