Updated: May 16 2012
||Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architect
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||$50 to $72 / hour
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE The purpose of this role is to provide technical expertise and knowledge of offshore units within the areas of HVAC design to ensure successful projects, carry out HVAC related tasks as well as provide support and assistance through mentoring others and knowledge sharing.
PRIMARY REPORTING AND DELEGATION RELATIONSHIPS This position reports to the Marine Systems Manager and to the Discipline Lead and/or Project Managers within assigned projects. The position also liaises regularly with external stakeholders and bodies such as clients, installation companies and class authorities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS Plan, lead and execute project tasks in the area of HVAC design of ship and offshore units in accordance to classification rules. Plan, lead and carry out HVAC D&ID´s design to comply with project specification and class requirements. Plan, lead and perform calculations in cooling/heating loads, de-humidification, airflows and pressure drops. Plan, lead and perform following in accordance with project specific requirements: HVAC equipment selection, rating and sizing Duct and piping material selection Arrangement of duct and HVAC equipment Weight estimation of HVAC equipment and bulk material. Lead development of system descriptions and design philosophies for HVAC systems (machinery and accommodation) and Chilled Water systems. Review and make necessary adjustment recommendations to intern/external document deliveries for quality control purposes. Lead the collating of HVAC related information for quotation purposes. Make decisions within the HVAC area to solve problems and develop methods, and represent the company on conferences to resolve important technical questions or to negotiate with key engineers of other organizations. Be a candidate for temporary project positions, such as Discipline Lead or project manager. Provide technical guidance to less experienced engineers. The role may require you to travel on shorter business trips from time to time. Live and know the company values. Adhere to the Client Management System (policies, procedures and work instructions). Communicate effectively with all levels and disciplines and build and maintain effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders through advance interpersonal and networking skills. Qualifications
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE The qualification and experience requirements are the following:
- B.Sc or M.Sc. degree in Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture or Civil Engineering.
- 10 + years experience of HVAC design and 2 + years within offshore industry. Well developed knowledge in the area of HVAC calculations and analysis, practical experience is required.
- Proven track record of developing HVAC Systems designs and descriptions within 2D and 3D design.
- Proven track record of PDMS, Tribon/Aveva Marine, ProEngineer and/or AutoCAD software.
- Proven track record of producing accurate and well written technical reports.
- Well developed knowledge about ship and offshore rules concerning the DNV and ABS classification societies, practical experience is required.
- Experience from working at a shipyard or a construction site is an advantage.
- Previous experience from working in a supervisor or team leader role.
- Fluent and effective oral and written communication skills in English are required.
- Swedish and additional language skills are an advantage (Ex Spanish, Portuguese and Chinese).
Talascend is an Equal Opportunity Employer (E/O/E)
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available