Updated: Jul 11 2012
||Geologist, Petrophysicist, Reservoir Engineering, Strong written/verbal communication, Geographix, Petrel, Shale, Monterrey Shale,
||140k to 175k plus, DOE. Bonus
||Houston, TX, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES We are seeking a Development Geologist who will work closely with our reservoir engineer and be responsible for evaluating and executing the development of conventional and unconventional reservoirs. This person will be a team player and a creative thinker with the ability to merge exploration techniques with development processes. They will be experienced and capable in both Development Geology and Operations Geology. Below is a list of qualifications and requirements for the position. CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO RELOCATE TO SANTA BARBARA, CA.
- A minimum of seven years experience in oil and gas exploration and development.
- A solid background in geologic principles such as stratigraphy and structure.
- Must be able to demonstrate experience in well planning, well-site operations, completions support and reservoir management.
- Must be proficient with open-hole logging, LWD, mud-logging and coring operations; ability to perform well-site duty both onshore and offshore.
- Must be able to prepare geologic well prognoses; correlate logs and generate subsurface structure and isopach maps.
- Must have working knowledge of basic petrophysical concepts, well log analysis, facies modeling and property modeling.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and be willing to have their work peer reviewed.
- Must be able to work projects in early stage development with limited data as well as integrate geological, geophysical and engineering data.
- Ability to synthesize work into concise management presentations and peer review presentations.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills (English).
- Knowledge of fractured reservoirs and experience with the Monterey Formation a plus.
- Knowledge of Geographix and Petrel a plus
- Must have at least a MSc. in geology or related earth science.
Offices overlooking Pacific Ocean in Santa Barbara.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available