Universal Personnel, LLC
Updated: Jun 1 2012
||Cost Engineer, Project Controls, Project Engineer, primavera
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
One of the Major O&G Players in Houston, Texas is looking for a:
Project Controls Specialist
• LONG TERM PROJECTS
We're looking for a Project Controls Specialist who will be responsible for the project cost and schedule and will be responsible for responding to all requests related to cost, schedule and progress on assignment projects. The Project Controls Specialist will work closely with Project Management to develop and review cost, schedule corrective actions and recovery plans and review project reports.
The Project Controls Specialist will be expected to:
• Develop/administer/report owner's integrated project schedule addressing engineering, procurement, fabrication/construction, installation and startup/commissioning phases.
• Status, update and report all owner's project activities.
• Integrate with contractor's schedules.
• Report and analyze schedule variances against baselines.
• Raise flags, take recovery actions and follow up when adverse schedule trends are identified.
• Review the Contractor schedule for usefulness, logic, level of detail, input sources, timing, and consistency with the Current Estimate, WBS, and PEP.
• Appraise Contactors' progress relative to the schedule.
• Review, upgrade as necessary, and approve the Contractor's schedule control plan.
• Review and, where appropriate, endorse schedule baselines and forecasts prepared by contractors.
• Ensure the Contractor's schedule and cost forecast are in alignment.
• Establish and maintain project progress measurement systems for assigned projects.
• Develop/update various Project Controls Progress indicators (% Spent vs. % Complete, Actual cost vs. Budget, etc.) to assist the Project Manager in evaluation of project health and focus areas.
• Track and analyze progress variances against baselines.
• Raise flags, take recovery actions and follow up when adverse progress trends are identified.
• Review and endorse progress reported by the contractor.
• Develop/administer/report cost tracking/forecasting for assigned project.
• Track committed and actuals, reconcile actuals with estimated cost, develop cost forecast, analyze variations against baselines.
• Raise flags, take recovery actions and follow up when adverse cost trends are identified.
• Investigate cost inconsistencies and booked charges as required.
• Review and integrate with contractor's cost reports and expenditures.
• Assist with blocked invoices.
The ideal Project Controls Specialist will have:
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or related field.
• 10+ years' experience in Project Controls including exposure to cost and schedule.
• Previous experience working with a major oil & gas operator.
• Good working experience with Primavera P6, P5, P3 and Microsoft Project.
• Good working experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Some working experience with Microsoft Access and PowerPoint.
• The ability to travel for business domestically - up to 15 or 20%.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available