Master Scheduling Supervisor
Updated: May 17 2012
||Planner / Scheduler, Expertise with ERP/MRP systems, SAP, APS, TOC, APICS certification desired.
||Associates/2 yr Degree
||Vicksburg, MS, US
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Summary This position is responsible for providing manufacturing plans to meet customer requirements. The Supervisor, Scheduling coordinates the activities of planning, purchasing and manufacturing through a realistic executable plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties and responsibilities are essential. Other duties may be assigned. • Works injury free, achieves an injury-free working environment, and maintains the highest Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) standards in our industry and acts in accordance with the company's HSE policies and culture.
- Converts Operations Plans into Production Plans.
- Oversees Demand Management process coordinating order entry and customer promising activity with materials availability and manufacturing capacity.
- Monitors service and parts sales requirements providing guidelines for order entry and forecasting as required.
- Establishes demand and planning time fences for order entry and schedule changes.
- Monitors backlog providing feedback to Sales and rescheduling extended delivery delays as necessary.
- Coordinate and provide delivery quotes on complex or project related demand.
- Provide Rough Cut Capacity Planning and/or manage Constraint based scheduling.
- Initiate corrective actions and exploitation of constraints.
- Prepare and maintain operational performance metrics.
- Good product knowledge and understanding of engineering bills of material
- Good understanding of SAP production planning and inventory controls systems
- Good planning, and scheduling skills, preferable with knowledge of Microsoft Project and other planning software Supervisory Responsibilities Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- This position currently has 7 direct reports:
- Internal Interfaces: Operations, Purchasing, Planners Core Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following core competencies
- Collaboration - Partnering with customers, suppliers and each other to deliver the best and safest solutions
- Excellence - Work to achieve excellence and superior business results
- Innovation - Pursue innovation and technical superiority by continuously seeking improvements in quality, reliability, performance and service
- Integrity - Conduct business with honesty and fairness always
- Responsibility - Meet customer and market demands responsibly. Dedicated to health, safety, protecting our environment and sustainable development
Job-Specific Competencies To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following job-specific competencies:
- Adaptability/Flexibility - Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, reacts well under pressure, adjusts, plans to meet changing needs.
- Budget/Costs Control - Plans for and uses financial resources efficiently; looks for ways to reduce costs, creates accurate and realistic budgets and contributes to budget planning.
- Communication - Communicates well both verbally and in writing, create reports, deliver presentations.
- Customer Focus -Builds internal and external customer confidence, committed to increasing customer satisfaction, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, meeting customer needs and solicits opinions and ideas from customers.
- Decision Making - Recognizes problems and responds, gathers information, sorts through issues, seeks input from others, makes timely, difficult decisions, uses consensus and communicates decisions.
- Dependability - Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure and meets attendance standards.
- Initiative - Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development.
- Job Knowledge - Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, is in command of critical issues.
- Managing for Results - Sets challenging and productive goals for team, keeps team accountable for actions. Provides resources and support and uses checkpoints and data to track progress and measure results.
- People Development - Provides feedback and coaching and rewards hard work and risk taking. Provides leadership and motivation, takes mentoring role. Challenges and develops employees, accepts mistakes and provides visibility/opportunity.
- Planning - Develops realistic plans, sets goals, and aligns plans with company goals. Manages resources, creates contingency plans and coordinates/cooperates with others.
- Results Focus - Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets team standards, provides leadership/motivation.
- Teamwork/Cooperation - Cooperates with colleagues, subordinates and supervisors, helps others to achieve goals, demonstrates tact, courtesy and respect and balances personal interests with those of the team.
- Work Environment/Safety - Promotes mutual respect, keeps workplace clean and safe and supports safety programs Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions Education and/or Experience Two year certificate from college or technical school preferred; and three to five years planning and scheduling experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience Certificates, Licenses or other Registrations APICS certification desired Tools, Technology and Equipment • Demonstrated expertise with ERP/MRP systems.
- Computer literate: Microsoft Project Software, Microsoft Windows, SAP
- Knowledge of Advanced Planning Systems (APS), Finite Capacity Planning Systems or Constraint Based Scheduling (TOC).
- Must have experience and knowledge of SAP.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Microsoft Outlook and Windows based software packages (or similar products) are required.
- Knowledge of MS Access is preferred.
- Experience with integrated operational and finance systems is a plus.
- Experience with manufacturing heavy metal products.
- Language Skills Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Ability Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Other Skills and Abilities None Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Intent of Job Description:
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available