Plans, directs and controls activities of a defined geographic portion of a LOB to accomplish budgeted financial objectives. Directs through a straight line reporting relationships or in some cases a dotted line relationship all functions related to the day to day operations relative to a specific area within a marketplace. Has the overall P&L responsibility for a defined portion of the LOB. Makes business decisions to include those around personnel, equipment, maintenance, compliance, expenditures, safety, customer satisfaction, and service delivery.
* Develops appropriate plans for equipment, materials and employee deployment.
* Directs operational staff in order to achieve Area objectives.
* Directs ongoing financial review and asset utilization.
* Provides oversight of purchasing and expenditure through AFE and CMMS processes.
* Ensures safety, environmental and regulatory compliance through review and management of incidents, issues and training.
* Attracts, retains, motivates, develops, trains, counsels and manages discipline within the Area workforce.
* Ensures customer satisfaction through quality service delivery and problem resolution.
* Collaborates with Marketplace Management, Business Development Managers, and other LOB leaders to capitalize on all business opportunities.
* Ensures maintenance on all equipment.
* Ensures implementation, compliance and response with all corporate directives, policies and procedures.
* Ensures appropriate resources necessary to facilitate functional objectives are available.
* Reviews and exercises control of Area budgets.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Bachelors' degree and advanced degree preferred.
* Extensive strategic senior level operational experience.
* Strategic Visioning - ability to provide their business unit/function a vision that is aligned with the corporate vision, focused and with a clear line of sight between their objectives and the corporate objectives, the vision is compelling and creates a sense of ownership and urgency.
* Change Management - ability to continually and effectively prepare the organization for the future while maintaining current success and motivation.
* Functional Depth and Breadth - in-depth knowledge, appropriate academic credentials, and proven track record in a specific function
* Operational Excellence - ability to demonstrate a clear cut concern for obtaining compelling business results
* Customer Driven - demonstrates appropriate service to the customer (internal/external),
* Problem Solving and Decision Making - ability to assess all situations (including problems) using a variety of different skills and resources (such as previous knowledge and experience, information seeking, and analysis).