The Company: A global contractor specializing in energy infrastructure serving the oil and gas industry. Company offerings include engineering, procurement and construction, refinery turnarounds, pipeline construction, pipeline integrity management, GIS consulting and other specialty services.
Job Role: The company QA/QC Manager has the responsibility for the implementation and maintenance of the quality management system/quality control program, including:
* Preparation and maintenance of the company QA/QC Manual, including control and supervision of all amendments and revisions
* Control and the distribution of all the company quality documentation
* Monitor all quality related activities for the company, including planning and execution of the program
* Support and expand the electronic inspection documentation system, making the most efficient use of technology (i.e. iPads, DropBox, etc.) to inspect, report, analyze and archive quality documentation
* Perform program audits on behalf of the company management
* Verify quality requirements are specified to vendors and subcontractors
* Attend client quality management meetings (as required)
* Prepare and control of project specific quality system management documentation prior to project commencement
* Review field construction quality personnel qualifications and training requirements
* Hire and manage project specific field construction quality personnel, maintaining a pool of high performing, appropriately certified personnel
* Determine level of certifications required for field construction quality personnel
* Monitor the disposition of all issued nonconformance reports
* Monitor the progress and effectiveness of the project quality management system. Recommend and implement improvements when required
* Coordinate all QA/QC activities with the field construction quality personnel, including site visits
* Coordinate all quality related correspondence with the customers representatives
* Coordinate the handling of any customer complaints
* Although not always invited, job duties should include attending project "kick-off" meetings to explain to our clients and field personnel how our self-inspection program works.
* Maintain communication with client integrity personnel, or whomever is the correct point of contact to discuss quality and integrity issues related to specific projects.
* Assist USPL field quality control personnel as needed and act as a "buffer" between them and others, such as Project Superintendents, Project Foremen, client 3rd party inspection, and actual client field personnel.
* Attend industry events related to quality and integrity, such as the annual NACE Conference, INGAA meetings, Southern Gas Association meetings, etc.
* Study PHMSA regulations that influence our industry and understand how they relate to what our clients are being mandated to adhere to.
* Attend USPL weekly meetings in Houston to provide the QAQC report to USPL management group.
Job Essentials: · College degree preferred
· At least 8 years experience in QA/QC in pipeline
· Construction savvy QA/QC
· Knowledgeable in use and development of US Construction's Quality Management System,
· Provide leadership and oversight of the Quality Management System field implementation including audits.
· Pipeline and facility construction experience Desired Skills & Experience
* Knowledge of onshore pipeline construction processes
* Computer skills
* Communication skills
* Managerial skills