Updated: Jun 25 2012
||Planner / Scheduler
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||$1 to $2 / hour
||Victoria, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Talascend is currently seeking a Field Planner in Victoria, TX.
Maintain Project Plans for Integrated Projects to ensure projects are delivered on schedule and at budget. Develop and maintain overall project schedule in appropriate project management software with the Project Management Team. Oversee the maintenance of multiple project plans and coordinate integrated reports. Works with proposal group to prepare schedules for project proposals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in multi-project environment following and complying with company, project and Project Controls Department policy and procedures.
- Actively manages and maintains the project plan for multiple, simultaneous projects using project management software.
- Participates in and/or leads the development of the baseline schedule and supports Project Manager (PM) in Integrated Baseline Review (IBR). Reviews otherâ€?s schedules for accuracy and logic.
- Ensures scheduling processes are performed within company and project controls policies.
- Collects and analyzes data on project progress, production rates etc in an effort to improve the accuracy of future planning.
- Monitors the status of programs/projects as related to project status ensuring that baseline schedule milestones are achieved. Identifies slippages, and reasons and communicates them effectively to Senior Management. Continuously develops scenario analysis and recovery plans in case of slippage to meet the target completion date, using Critical Path Method (CPM) and other techniques. Is a direct party to execution of recovery action plans.
- Reviews contract specifications, works with PM to identify risks or gaps in the Project Plan and support PM in the development and implementation of Risk Management Plan.
- Active member in a cross-functional team, internal and external to Engineering and Operations; resolving issues; establishing and communicating project/program schedules, objective priorities, and targets.
- Provides high level, consolidated reports on project established metrics using Earned Value (EV) analysis (i.e. schedule/cost variance), progress report, resource allocation analysis, etc. on a regular basis. Responsible for communicating project controls data from project to the head office.
- Leads detailed preparation of Construction work packs.
- Provides site staff with necessary field schedules (look-ahead plans, schedule updates, what-if analysis, etc.)
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results in a cooperative and supportive manner.
- Works autonomously with limited supervision; may lead/mentor less experienced Planners on projects.
- May manage aspects of a project effort when Project Manager is unavailable.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (or related discipline) from a four-year accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
- 12+ years experience in related position(s).
- PMP or PSP Certification preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of construction and installation sequence as related to position.
- TecTechnical Knowledge and Skills
- Experience with gas compression and processing equipment.
- Experience in Risk Management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge and application of EVMS methodology.
- Proficient in Primavera P6 including cost and resource loading.
- Fluent knowledge of a second language in addition to English (preferred is Spanish or Portugese).
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- May be asked to work variable hours by phone. Talascend is an Equal Opportunity Employer (E/O/E)
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available