Swift Worldwide Resources
Updated: May 16 2012
||Project Controls, Project Management
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Gretna, LA, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Project Controls Manager
The Project Controls Manager's responsibilities will include development and continuous improvement of project controls and risk management processes across the full project life cycle, and providing peer assistance and guidance to project controls teams on active projects. Additional duties will include tracking and calibration of project outcome data against industry benchmarks, and liaison with Industry groups to evaluate new trends and practices in project controls.
* Provide the project with accurate, reliable, and forward looking cost information. Ensure accurate and consistent cost tracking and reporting during all phases of the project lifecycle.
* Cash flow forecasting to identify the timing of cash needs. Forecasting shall be based on value of work done adjusted for working capital including terms of payment, advances, purchase of inventory and retentions.
* Set the requirements for an effective contingency planning, management and drawdown process.
* Determine the expected schedule of contingency use, documented as the contingency drawdown curve. The drawdown curve shall be risk-based and reflective of the project schedule.
* Provide guidance on specifying risk events as key risks in project contingency planning and reporting.
* Provide an efficient and effective process flow for invoice processing to ensure timely approval, processing, and payment of invoices associated with the project work.
* Ensure establishment of the overall project work breakdown schedule (WBS).
* Develop an integrated master schedule that serves as a sound basis for decision making and project execution. The integrated master schedule maintained in Primavera shall include all activities for both the project management team and contractor scopes.
* Identify and manage variances from the project baseline schedule.
* Transmittal of planning and scheduling requirements to third parties, including contractors, through contractual terms.
* Approve the comprehensive list of contractor deliverables that shall be represented as activities in the project schedule.
* Establish and/or approve rules of credit (ROC) for measuring progress of all engineering and construction disciplines and crafts.
* Ensure that contractors have a process to measure progress. Ensure that an auditing procedure of the contractor's progress measurement system is set in place and followed through the life cycle of the project.
* Participate in development of contract request for quotation (RFQ) packages. Review proposals and participate in contract award process
* Ensure that the engineering procurement contractor collects necessary information required for asset registration with the business unit.
* Maintain and update corporate reporting requirements for the project. Submit standard monthly reports. Provide explanation for all significant changes or variances.
* Responsible to administrate the change order management system with all contractors. Maintain principle role in negotiating and settling claims.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
* 12+ years experience in Project Controls positions.
* 5+ years experience in a supervisory position as Project Controls Manager or Business Manager for a large scale project.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent training or education preferred
* Working knowledge of all relevant engineering & construction codes and standards
* Demonstrated ability for development of reports for and presentations to management
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available