Maersk Oil Kazakhstan GMBH with Leap29 Ltd
Updated: May 15 2012
||Logistics Coordinator, Purchasing, procurement. logistics, manager, management, kazakhstan, aktau, almaty
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||Job grade 57
||Full Time Salaried Employee
Closed - No longer accepting applications
MAERSK OIL KAZAKHSTAN GMBH with Leap29 Ltd
Head of Procurement & Logistics
Job grade: 57
Start date: ASAP
Reporting to: Head of Finance & IT
Term of employment: residential
Maersk Oil Kazakhstan GmbH with Leap29 Ltd are currently looking for a Head of Procurement & Logistics in Aktau.
Head of Procurement & Logistics will be responsible for leading the Procurement and Logistics team in implementation and execution of the Maersk Oil Kazakhstan (MOK) strategy on contract management, supply chain and compliance. Today the team consists of 15 employees. Head of Procurement & Logistics will be contributing to business performance through a decisive role in the Tender Committee Board and an advisory and facilitative role in contract management and tender execution. You will be reporting to the Head of Finance and IT. In addition Head of Procurement & Logistics will have a functional line to the Maersk Oil Chief Procurement Officer, based in our headquarters in Copenhagen and will be expected to play a key role in our global procurement community. The position will provide you with excellent opportunities to enhance your leadership skills in a significant procurement organization and as such contribute well to your future career progression.
Maersk Oil Kazakhstan is currently in a phase of executing an appraisal well program (expected 4 wells) and intensive preparation for the next stage of developing the Dunga Field (Phase II Field Development Plan) which will entail drilling of 198 vertical wells over a three year period. This requires a significant step change for the organization to manage and optimize tenders, standards, procedures and engineering tasks, whilst ensuring compliance with corporate policies.
Responsibilities of the Head of Procurement & Logistics
• Establish, build and manage relationships with internal customers (requisitioning departments), internal support functions (Legal/HR/Global & Group Procurement), global / local vendors (materials & services) and government / trade authorities;
• Manage and facilitate decisions, as a member of the Tender Committee Board, related to tender execution and thereby seamless delivery of service to all internal customers;
• Perform supplier relationship management tasks of high-value, high-risk and high-complexity contracts in alignment with global and local focus - in order to obtain best conditions for MOK;
• Drive the planning and execution of Framework Agreements and General Service Contracts for the vendors and SLA's for the requisitioning departments;
• Manage projects and initiatives assigned by Corporate with direct responsibility of results through regular reporting and coordination;
• Drive initiatives and provide input for tools to enhance efficiency of processes such as: internal spend analysis, procurement planning, contract management, tender execution and vendor management;
• Overall responsible for the placing of purchase orders for materials in accordance with procedures;
• Review the analysis of frequently purchased items so as to support finalization of Framework Agreement related inputs from Operations - for overall Procurement Planning;
• Continuously monitor the overall performance of the Operations team so as to ensure seamless execution to all customers and save possible Procurement lead time;
• Ensure that all the elements necessary to improve efficiency and effectiveness of logistics and warehousing management are in place; monitor respect of security measures, of timelines for expediting and dispatching, and rigorous management of stock to reduce capital costs;
• Define logistics budget based on previous years' performance and to reflect company's focus and overall strategy, in alignment with overall Business Unit budget;
• Define and maintain management system, procurement policy & strategy, procedures and practices for MOK in line with the Corporate guidelines;
• Ensure overall compliance to all procurement and logistic related procedures;
• Ensure that the procurement process is established and updated as required in order to meet the company's requirements and respond to external economical trends, with a strong focus on optimization, automation, efficiency and cost reduction;
• Actively drive and support an engaging and motivating working environment to maximise overall productivity of your department;
• Create and monitor a performance management culture through clear objective setting, continuous constructive feedback and active development plans;
• Coach and mentor direct reports on functional expertise and team management skills;
• Identify and support high potential staff to further develop into the company's talent pool
• Actively sign-off the recruitment and selection of candidates for vacancies in the Procurement and Logistics Section
• Strong business acumen with skills to conceptualize strategies and implement them;
• Possess excellent interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills with proven track record of utilizing a process-oriented approach towards the accomplishment of cost, profit, service as well as organizational goals;
• Self starter: highly motivated with a high drive for taking initiative;
• Leadership capabilities with emphasis on multi-cultural sensitivity, strong English communication (both written and verbal) skills, ability to learn and adapt quickly;
• Collaborative mindset: Good at working with other departments across functional areas to achieve the best results for the company.
To apply for a position please contact Yelena Nicol via the below link with a detailed job description.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available