Updated: May 11 2012
||QA / QC / Inspection
||Associates/2 yr Degree
||Fort McMurray, Canada
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Nexen has an excellent asset base and big opportunities for employees. What we do and how we do it means you get the chance to do more at Nexen.
Working for Nexen, the operator of Long Lake, is an opportunity to work for one of the top companies in Canada. Nexen is a Canadian-based oil and gas company with international operations. We're committed to working collaboratively, building our assets and finding new ways of developing our oil and gas resources - conventional and unconventional - through innovative adaptation of technology. This leads to a sustainable outcome, creating value for all of our stakeholders. At Nexen, it's not just what we do that makes us worldwide leaders - it's how we do it.
Long Lake is Canada's newest major oilsands development and the first to integrate in-situ Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD) technology with onsite upgrading on a large scale. With input capacity of 70,000 barrels per day of bitumen, Long Lake is the largest SAGD facility in the world. The facility also employs a unique and proprietary upgrading solution that results in production of a Premium Synthetic Crude (PSCTM) oil that is superior to any other produced from the Canadian oilsands - at a distinct cost advantage over other operations.
Long Lake is located approximately 40 km southeast of Fort McMurray, in the Athabasca oilsands of northeastern Alberta. The lease is estimated to hold approximately six billion barrels of bitumen. As operator, Nexen is currently focused on ramping up production to reach an output capacity of 60,000 barrels per day of PSCTM.
This position is a Fort McMurray based position; therefore relocation is required. We offer highly competitive housing/rental assistance programs to all successful candidates.
Nestled in the boreal forest at the confluence of four rivers, Fort McMurray is a thriving, modern and culturally diverse city of 80,000 people. It's a vibrant community rich in history, with an unlimited potential for the future. Fort McMurray offers an attractive lifestyle for individuals and families, including state-of-the-art recreational and cultural facilities, big-city amenities and, of course, the great outdoors.
The Chief Inspector will report to the Integrity and Reliability Supervisor and is responsible for the Integrity Management for all areas at the Long Lake facility, managing a team of Inspectors, working to implement the Equipment Integrity Management System and meet the Regulatory Requirements while working in liaison with the local Authorized Inspector for ABSA.
• Lead a group of technical professionals to enhance robust pressure equipment and piping integrity management program;
• Guide the development of procedures and standards for the implementation of a successful owner-user, reliability, risked based, and condition monitoring programs;
• Provide quality oversight for all capital project work at the Nexen Long Lake site;
• Conduct audits and inspections of shops, and QC programs of contractors providing services to Nexen as well as audits of the maintenance activities;
• Ensure that Nexen personnel and contractors meet the requirements of the owner-user integrity program and the reliability and risk based programs by way of inspections, audits, education, training, and compliance management;
• Determine the need for corrective actions, ensure proper documentation, and determine effectiveness of the action;
• Be a key participant in supporting the planning and execution of turn around activities;
• Integrity Management support for all other disciplines within the Long Lake facility, including Electrical, Rotating, Instrumentation, Civil, Structural, Production, and other departments as required;
• Manage department within the defined budget and work to develop future budgets for the area, speaking to any variances, and working to put in place mitigation to prevent future deviations if they occur.
• Mechanical/Metallurgical/Welding Materials Engineering, 2 year Technology Program, or 1st Class Power Engineering Certificate, and be eligible for membership in either APEGGA or ASET;
• In-Service Boiler & Pressure Vessel Inspector Certificate;
• A minimum of 10 years' experience as an API 510 QA/QC Certified Inspector with proven experience with Risk Based Inspection;
• API-570 Certified Inspector and National Board 23 Commissioned Inspector;
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task;
• Strong administrative and analytical skills;
• Excellent communication skills.
Nexen Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement.
No agency or telephone inquiries please.
Only resumes of candidates being considered will be acknowledged.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available