Swift Worldwide Resources
Updated: May 11 2012
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||US$1 per year
||Houston, TX, US
Closed - No longer accepting applications
Job Classification: Project Control
Job Title: Cost Engineer / Analyst(Cost Controller)
Position: Cost Engineer / Analyst(Cost Controller)
Closing Date: 05/15/2012
Work Schedule: Non-Rotational
Job Description: Implements, administers and maintains cost control system and procedures to track project budgets, commitments, expenditures and forecasts for projects of medium complexity and value. Assists in the preparation and review of cost estimates. Develops reporting tracking tools and generates cost reports on regular basis including evaluation of earned value. Coordinates the Change Management process for the project. Prepares project cash flow forecast.
Education: Bachelor's degree required in Engineering or Business
Experience: 8+ years
• Experience in major capital projects in particular interfacing with FPSO Contractors.
• Support the Cost Management of Phase 3 contracts including engineering services, studies and procurement of long lead equipment. Ensure contractors have implemented effective financial and cost controls.
• Ensure the management of the project controls deliverables on a monthly basis including the cost reporting, trending, Forecast at Completion (FAC) analysis, cost-variance analysis, funding budgets, accruals, and cash flows.
• Manage project progress and cost information: tracking commitments and expenditures and forecasting final costs and cash flows using available software as directed by COMPANY.
• Develop and implement tools for set-up and monitoring of project costs and facilitate improvement of project performance.
• Establish control mechanisms on the flow of project progress and performance information.
• Development of Staffing Plans and Histograms
• Support development of Project WBS and CBS in conjunction with the assigned project schedule and cost estimate. Ensure alignment for easy reporting, reconciliation and Benchmarking.
• Audit cost and schedule trends as detailed in the Lucapa Project Cost Trending Procedure and evaluate the impact on the forecast and contingency.
• Ensure proper coding and accurate financial information by interfacing with Accounting/Finance and other project team members as necessary.
• Support to invoice and GO-113 processing and any other finance/accounting function as needed.
• Support the development of project controls procedures and prepare recommendations for improvement, standardization and simplification.
• Provide support/input to preparation of documents like business plans, funding requests (GO-36, SIOP AFE's, SIOP Work Orders and Internal GO-113s), Project Execution Plan, and Decision Support Packages.
Must have skills in the application of the following computer software and systems: Excel, Word, Power Point, SAP, Enterprise One (E1), E-Procurement and Cost Manager.
Benefits: Swift offers a great benefits package as well as 401k matching. We have an excellent travel services team that help with any travel.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available