Updated: May 16 2012
||Pipeline Engineering, Subsea Engineering
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Closed - No longer accepting applications
INPEX Corporation is an international oil and gas company with more than 70 projects across 26 countries. INPEX has been part of the Australian business community since 1986. Current projects include the Ichthys LNG Project now in the advanced stages of planning, the Darwin LNG, Van Gogh and Ravensworth projects and the Bayu-Undan Development. The Ichthys Project is the largest and most challenging in the company's history and we are recruiting the industry's best to deliver this exciting world-scale project.
INPEX is currently recruiting for a Flowlines and Tie-In Engineer. The primary objective of this position is to provide support to the Umbilicals Risers and Flowlines (URF) Group, for flowline and tie-in areas throughout project execution phase.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Review and challenge the detailed engineering of the Ichthys MEG system (flowlines, FLETs, in-line Tees, tie-in spools) performed by the URF EPCI Contractor. The scope will include the review of the MEG linepipe and coating procurement engineering (MTO, specifications, datasheets, requisitions, etc...).
- Review and oversight of spoolbase/multi-jointing site set-up and operations.
- Liaise and interface with the Perth-based Senior Flowlines and Tie-in Engineer on all technical issues which may impact the design, procurement, fabrication and/or installation of any other subsea assets which are under URF, SPS or GEP scope of responsibility.
- Ensure the design and procurement scopes are conducted in compliance with the URF EPCI Contract requirements.
- Represent the URF Group on technical flowline issues at both internal and external meetings.
- Work under the direction of the Perth-based Senior Flowlines and Tie-in Engineer (and accept delegation of authorities / responsibilities from Senior Flowlines and Tie-in Engineer as deemed appropriate by the URF Engineering & Fabrication Manager).
- Assist URF Engineering and Fabrication Manager as required.
- Become thoroughly conversant with project documentation, specifications and procedures.
- Monitor all facets of flowlines work to ensure that project schedule, budget and technical requirements have, as a minimum, been met or improved upon.
- Lead / participate in Design Review, HAZID / ENVID, Constructability Review workshops etc.
- Resolve flowline, tie-in spool and FLET / In-line Tee related interface issues and technical queries.
- Provide technical leadership for all aspects of the MEG flowline / FLET / In-line tee and tie-in design, procurement and fabrication activities.
The following Qualifications and Experience are a requirement of this position:
- Tertiary engineering qualifications.
- 5 years+ experience in pipeline design and installation. Previous exposure to welding/AUT activities (yard, spoolbase) is recommended.
- Proven track record holding similar position with other projects for the design, manufacture, installation and pre-commissioning of subsea flowlines.
- Previous experience working in client team on EPCI / EPCM contracts and working with relevant internationally recognized design codes / standards (specifically including DNV Offshore Standards and Recommended Practices).
- Current working knowledge in areas of; linepipe material selection, linepipe mechanical design, tie-in spool engineering and fabrication, detailed FE analysis, FLET / In-line Tee engineering, subsea diverless connectors.
- Experience in flowline welding and offshore installation works is recommended for this position.
- High awareness of safe working practices on offshore construction projects.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Willing to travel as required for business both internal and overseas.
- Willing to work on-site and offshore for extended periods.
- Computer literate.
For further information on INPEX or the Ichthys Project, please visit www.inpexcareers.com.
Employment Type: PERMANENT
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available