Updated: Jun 18 2013
||Domestic or International
||Assistant Rig Manager
Closed - No longer accepting applications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- USCG MODU OIM License, Unrestricted, Surface Units Underway or Surface Units on Location preferred
- Strong technical background in drilling operations and support equipment
- Excellent leadership, communication and management skills
- Experience in marine environmental, hazardous material regulations & procedures, industrial environment, offshore marine & drilling operations.
- Excellent customer service skills to deal with customers
- Completed all training requirements for Assistant Rig Manager
- Responsible for the overall operation, management, and safety of the unit
- Supervise & monitor rig positioning during rig movement & placement
- Plan and supervise repairs, daily maintenance, rigging up or down, etc.
- Coordinate all evolutions affecting the vessel ballast and loading
- Participate in pre-tour, post tour, special operations, and weekly safety meetings
- Ensure condition of the rig is maintained & rig performance factors are optimized
- Responsible for compliance with all government regulations
- Develop subordinate personnel through continuous training
- Write/approve weekly report on drilling operations, supplies, & equipment
- Oversee the rig preventative maintenance program
- Direct and/or witness the pretension tests of the anchors and/or tank preload tests or the pre-testing/pre-checks of the DP systems and thrusters
- Ensure the integrity and stability of the vessel is maintained at all times.
- Oversee the overall maintenance, inspection, and certification programs
- Oversee catering staff
- Review the client's projected well program.
- Oversee quantity of fuel, lubricants, potable water, etc.
- Prepare, organize, evaluate, and/or approve periodic status reports and evaluations and assessments for personnel
- Ensure all personnel familiar with safety precautions, procedures, and drills
- Ensure the required safety equipment remains on board at all times
- Be familiar with local labor and/or union situation, hospital and medical facilities, health requirements or hazards, food and fuel availability, general politics, social customs, local laws, customs / immigration regulations, etc., and ensure personnel assigned to the vessel are advised of pertinent information
- Assist in preparing annual operating budget for the vessel
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available