Updated: May 10 2012
||Reservoir Engineering, Required (Basic) Qualifications:? A working knowledge of different reservoir management techniques for different types of reservoirs will also be an advantage.? An experienced Petroleum Engineer who has demonstrated technical strength in reservoir engineering including reservoir simulation and reserves.? Experience in calculating field reserves using deterministic and probabilistic methods. ? Experience in building and maintenance of black oil finite element simulation models? Kno
||Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
||£60000 to £90000 / annum
Closed - No longer accepting applications
With an international oil & gas operator. The Reservoir Engineer will provide high quality Reservoir Engineering work in order to analyse and optimise production. The position focuses on production and injection well performance analysis, diagnosis of potential problems, and the design of remedial and intervention programmes. The position is predominately onshore based, but will require occasional offshore work.
Key Job Responsibilities for these positions:
- Generation of well in-flow performance curves and horizontal well modelling.
- understand economic and decision risk analysis including probabilistic methods for use in evaluation of projects, new and re-drill well targets.
- Transparency and documentation of interpretation.
- Discuss at detailed technical level with production, reservoir and drilling engineers, as well as geoscientists.
- Work with and clearly communicate technical information to all levels of organisation, asset partners, government agencies and vendors.
- Participates in strategic and business planning efforts towards complete reservoir management.
- Occasionally participates / heads up special project teams to address major issues such as unitization proposals or property sales/acquisitions.
- Represents company on engineering committees and serves as an expert witness before regulatory bodies, as required.
- Works with opco experts on complex / high impact projects.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- A working knowledge of different reservoir management techniques for different types of reservoirs will also be an advantage.
- An experienced Petroleum Engineer who has demonstrated technical strength in reservoir engineering including reservoir simulation and reserves.
- Experience in calculating field reserves using deterministic and probabilistic methods.
- Experience in building and maintenance of black oil finite element simulation models
- Knowledge of Eclipse.
- Good knowledge of project economics.
- Experience in taking a field from appraisal stage to full development is an advantage.
- Ability to communicate cross discipline.
- Ability to foster co-operation and collaboration among team members is considered an important asset.
This Position Is Closed to New Applicants
This position is no longer open for new applications. Either the position has expired or was removed because it was filled.
However, there are thousands of other great jobs to be found on Rigzone.
Similar Jobs Currently Available