HR Business Manager
Purpose of the Position:
Reporting to the head of HR Business Management, this position
• Participates as a member of the assigned client group's business leadership team
• Serve as primary human resources point of contact for assigned client group to identify and implement HR needs to achieve business objectives maximizing performance of the organization. This is accomplished through alignment and delivery of proactive human resources solutions on a strategic and operational basis for the talent life cycle including, but not limited to, workplace planning, recruitment, induction, talent management, people capability, and succession management and organization effectiveness.
• Plan, develop, implement and own human resources delivery to client group partnering with human resource centers of excellence to provide efficient, value-added, and human resources solutions in alignment with the HR North America strategy
• Provide generalist, employee and labor relations strategy and support within client group
• Partner with business function head on HR strategy to ensure client group's human resources to maximize employee engagement and inclusion, and ultimately business performance that results in HPO;
• Lead and implement succession and capability reviews and translate HR strategy and action planning into HR service delivery levels for incorporation and/or prioritization across HR services; seek approval for custom solutions;
• Identify and articulate return on investment for new HR solutions as needed;
• Provide HR project and change management for organization realignments, acquisition, and/or divestitures, including due diligence and integration and for key human resources and business HPO projects
• Partner with line management on sourcing strategy, monitor recruiting activity to ensure needs are met; conduct workforce planning as needed to ensure pipeline approach is adopted for recurring, key vacancies
• Participate in functional head's leadership team and Area Business team meetings to critically think through business challenges and opportunities in connection with function's human resource capability and preparedness; develop solutions and lead the implementation.
• Implement within assigned client groups the policies, programs, and procedures from centers of excellence for consistency and standardization.
• Provide day to day employee relations support
• Handle special projects within client group or as assigned to other business or HR areas
• Partner with all HR functions, including recruiting, compensation, benefits, learning and development, employee services, employment/labor counsel to provide efficient, value-added, and human resources solutions in alignment with the HR North America HR strategy:
• Team with employee services to sustain employee and manager self-service as well as maximize Employee Services as first point of contact for all standard HR inquiries or issues including prompt and effective resolution and closure of escalated HR issues and responsiveness to line manager requests either by phone or email
• In conjunction with Compensation and line management, ensure robust job descriptions are evaluated properly in accordance with Linde standards and consult with compensation proactively on new roles and/or restructures
• Partner with staffing to ensure assigned recruiters are knowledgeable about business area and have forged relationships with key hiring managers to facilitate efficient selection process that meets client needs;Participate in selection for key vacancies
• Partner with learning and development for identification and prioritization of core training needs within client function
• Provide day to day employee relations and Consistent Consequence Management (CCM) within client group and analyze root causes to most effectively implement corrective actions and solutions to avoid similar re-occurrence
• Work with other HR business managers to provide back-up HR support in another client group(s) within local geography when needed to maximize support to the business.
• Share and exchange information across generalist team to leverage HR solutions, programs, and consistent HR practices and procedures
• Ensure compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations and company policies and strategies including code of ethics.
Required Key Skills:
• Possesses strong communications skills at all levels
• Demonstrated ability to work cohesively in a team environment and within a matrix organization
• Possesses the ability to think strategically, and work tactically to implement strategy
• Demonstrated ability for innovative solutions to improve existing processes/program
• Managerial skills:
• Change management and facilitation skills required including communication and training planning as well as restructure and/or re-engineering experience required
• Project management - experience leading and implementing multiple projects and experience managing process improvement programs essential.
• Experience with dealing with all levels of the organization including business leaders, management and line employees
• Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as strong presentation skills
• Excellent collaborative skills
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Graduate degree or MBA a plus
• Minimum of 10 years HR management experience, preferably in a manufacturing/chemical industry/oil & gas/energy environment,
• delivering and implementing HR programs and solutions
• A minimum of 10 years labor strategy and relations required where client group has transportation/production facilities, including solid contract negotiations experience as well as emphasis in proactive preventative labor approaches
• Demonstrated experience providing HR leadership of restructuring, project and change management efforts
• A demonstrated ability to partner effectively with business groups
• Strong facilitation, consultative, and problem solving skills required
• Strong knowledge and application of employment laws
• A demonstrated ability to effectively work at all levels collaboratively and both tactically and strategically is required.
• Strong MS office computer skills including Excel, PowerPoint, Word
• Experience working across US and Canada a plus
• Regular domestic travel required
• Green Belt certification a Plus